Wii Little King Story (Project O, RPG)

Entrevista:

Since the announcement of Little King's Story, it has yet to be playable anywhere. We are curious about jobs in Little King's Story. What are some ways that we can make our peasants work like dogs?

Yoshiro Kimura, Producer/Director of Little King's Story at Marvelous Entertainment Inc.:
There's a variety of jobs. There are cooks, lumberjacks, wizards, miners, and many more. By using/selecting the right jobs for the characters, you will be able to defeat the boss fights easier. Personally I love the Carefree Adults fighting hard against Shishkababoo and TV Dinnah.

Is the Little King brave enough to go into battle with them or does he just get to sit back and enjoy the battles?

Kimura:
Even if the King doesn't fight, his servants will. But if all your servants are defeated then the king can fight on his own too. However, he can fight but if you're in that situation you're in big trouble. So it is best to avoid that kind of situation and have your servants fight well.

Does Little King's Story have an end goal or is it a completely open ended attempt to create the best kingdom ever?

Kimura:
There is an end goal of course! You need to defeat the seven kings and become the world's greatest king. World domination! But at the very end of the story... hmmmm, is something I cannot reveal at this time (smile).

Was the knight in Little King's Story a direct inspiration from Don Quixote?

Kimura:
I love old-timers and aged men. Like the funny and cool old men. For example I love Sean Connery. Don Quixote is a historical figure I like since he has this humorous aspect. When you look at it in the real world, don't most cool old men seem to be separated only by a fine line of "cool" and "weird?" I love to use real life experiences and implement that into the game so there's someone like Howser in real life. I modeled Howser based on that funny old man I met in the past (laughs).

What roles have Cing & Town Factory each had in terms of development of this game?

Kimura:
Of course they each have their roles but thinking back to the beginning their roles have changed a lot. Usually when we have a project with multiple companies working together we get these types of questions a lot. It's usually asking about how the companies are working together but for me it's more about people working together. In these types of projects each individual's roles are big but the role as a company is pretty small. You can create a game without companies getting involved but with all the grown up circumstances we have to do company to company style. A project goes on for a long period of time and is full of ups and downs but at the end of the day the staff member that I'm working with to finish this project together are the best staff members. I just wanted to clarify that point!

Most importantly, when are we actually going to get to play this game? We're really excited.

XSEED/Marvelous:
The development team is hard at work to try to finish the game, but at the same time they don't want to compromise quality to push it out the door sooner. We're getting pretty close, but afraid we'll have to wait for the official announcement, hopefully sometime soon.
Fonte: http://www.rpgamer.com/features/2009/xsmarvinterview.html

yay! :D

Artigo Siliconera:

Let’s Look At Some Little King’s Story Artwork

After many delays, Little King’s Story is almost done. Rising Star Games really is releasing it this spring and Europe will be the first region anywhere in the world to get Little King’s Story when it ships on April 24.

Great to see Rising Star Games and their parent company Marvelous push to premiere a newly developed Japanese game in PAL territories. However, isn’t April 24 kind of soon for a game we know so little about? How can Corobo become king if no one knows who he is? Case and point: I’m not 100% sure what’s going on in these illustrations. Are these townspeople under the command of Corobo? What kind of monsters are these?

Rising Star needs to find a town crier to search for European subjects fast.

Artwork:

lks-ebonubattle2.jpg

lks-kinojibattle.jpg

lks-buildfix.jpg

lks-kikori.jpg

lks-distribution.jpg
Fonte: http://www.siliconera.com/2009/02/19/lets-look-at-some-little-kings-story-artwork/

Hands-On IGN:

Little King's Story Hands-on
Deceptively deep strategy and RPG action ...with town planning?

While superficially cutesy and innocent, Little King's Story is actually a game of considerable depth, scope and production values hiding behind a sugary presentation. The closest comparisons can be drawn to games like Pikmin and Harvest Moon, where elements of troop management and strategy action blend with farming, town planning and general exploration.

Set in a mock-European countryside, you play the eponymous 'Little King' himself – a fresh faced figure of authority who inherits a kingdom in the throes of economic woe. There's no money in the bank, there's almost universal unemployment and residents wander the streets aimlessly, just waiting for something – anything- to happen, or someone to give them some instruction. That's where you, the player, come in. It's time to revitalise your custom kingdom – starting with a fresh name and a focus on pure expansion.

Initially, you're led through the basics of gameplay by your personal advisor, Howser. As he explains, the economy is fundamentally broken, so your first point of business is to gather some layabout adults in the town's centre and start digging for gold – to be converted into 'Bol' – the currency across the land.

little-kings-story-20090222101746324-000.jpg

Your village grows as you take down monsters and attract new villagers.

The game is played with remote and nunchuk, but is also compatible with the Classic Controller; it eschews motion controls for direct input too, which is a refreshing change to the usual tacked-on nature of many Wii games' controls. Essentially, the game plays a lot like Pikmin – you use the control stick on the nunchuk to guide Little King around the landscape, with the D-pad's left and right points rotating the isometric camera. The king can walk up to anyone and use his royal might to pull them into line behind him – at first, one at a time, and later in formations of up to 50. Then, it's up to you to figure out the best way to use each townsperson to their fullest – soldiers for battling, farmers for harvesting, cooks for cooking and so on. To put them to work you literally face Little King towards a task and launch the townsperson towards it; the game's context-sensitive locations ensure that they'll do the appropriate action on the right spot.

To gather enough money to progress to the next main mission, you need to spend some time foraging, digging and searching through the town, collecting bags of gold that Howser then converts into Bol. It's a simple introduction to the mechanics of commanding and retrieving. However, things began to ramp up in complexity as we jumped to a later save file to sample the wider game. With 7 kingdoms to ultimately conquer, side quests from the various townspeople (provided to you through an in-game email / messaging system), mid and end-level bosses, a full day/night cycle (one hour in-game equals about one minute real time), mini games, a daily news ticker-bar, secret animals, more than 30 classes of characters – clearly, this is a game of shocking complexity.

It's also an experience that ultimately gives back what you put in. At an absolute minimum, we're told there's 20 hours of main storyline to complete – but to sample everything the game has to offer brings the number closer to 80 hours or longer. The minutiae of customising your village is where the meat of the game rests. Like something like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon, a real putting effort into creating and training up a personalised cast of tailors, chefs, soldiers, blacksmiths, washerwomen and so on means that you have an emotional investment in these characters. You know them by name, by face – and they can be killed – adding to the moralistic pressures to keep them alive.

little-kings-story-20090222101732043-000.jpg

Visually striking, Little King's Story may look adorable, but don't let that put you off.

You're not punished, for the death of a townsperson – they're either revived or 'replaced' by new wanderers entering your village. As the game progresses and you take down all manner of boss monsters (we took on a demonic bull in a paddock and walked away barely clinging to life), your castle itself – your seat of power – grows in size, complexity and feature set.

Conquering the neighbouring boroughs also yields a oddball benefit; you claim their princesses for your own. Suddenly, the castle keep has a princess' quarter, gradually filled with a harem of poached knaves. Who knew Little King was a polygamist? Who knew there was a Wii game that touted polygamy? The things you learn.

The game deals with town construction in a mostly hands-off way. While seated on your royal throne, you work your way through a menu of town planning options, gradually upgraded and unlocked as your reach extends. Eventually, the other towns you unlock actually come with themes of their own, such as Glamour Town, Gourmet Town and all the trimmings and quirks that you might expect to come with these. The way you command your delegates also improves when you eventually unlock your 'Podium' – a platform to address the community and also customise formations for battle or productivity. If you want to surround yourself with 30 soldiers, 10 chefs and some farmers, you can. If you need to traverse a tricky path between hazards, you can command them to follow your exact path as you walk it.

There are still a few question marks that remain, but from what we've seen so far, Little King's Story has the depth and considered design to really make it stand out from the glut of generic releases on the horizon. The presentation, which we haven't really touched on here, speaks for itself; stylised super-deformed characters, illustrated cutscenes and classical music pulled from sources like Carmen and the great composers. It's a quality production so far and we can't wait to see how all these elements come together.
Fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/956/956114p1.html

Pá... se a opção é comprarem isto, ou um reprint do Pikmin... caguem no Pikmin, este jogo merece as vendas.

Ainda não achei um jogo que se comparasse ao pikmin 2, se este conseguir ser parecido, ou melhor ainda IGUAL, vão ser umas noites sem dormir até ter o jogo acabado a 100% :D

Preview:

Little King's Story Hands On Impressions

Sketchy, chalky art welcomes you to the world and introduces you to ‘the boy’. He’s playing with finger puppets, all on his own because he doesn’t have many (any) friends. Some rats run past him and outside. ‘Hey, come back!’ he exclaims. Running after them he finds a crown inside a great big rock. The rock explodes and he puts the crown on. Howser the bull-knight rides up on his mighty bovine steed, kicking up dust and making an awful racket, and the story takes off from there.

Your initial kingdom is pretty tiny. The grand castle you were promised turns out to be a shack. It does have a flag on top though. You meet your advisors first off. Howser, who tells you what to do, Liam, your ‘Anything advisor’ and Verde, who acts a save point. Liam is your tutorials man. You don’t ever have to take his advice if you don’t want, but if you’re stuck on how to do something ask him a question and you’ll be treated to a chalk-board picture-by-picture explanation – just like at school! Your throne becomes your main interface before long - you can order new buildings, get reports on your kingdom, get quests, buy upgrades, all sorts of things.

I felt bad about the next part – your kingdom is full of carefree adults at first. They don’t have jobs, they look a lot like flower children, and they’re having a great time frolicking around. My first task was to motivate them into working for me. So I grabbed a few and went treasure hunting. After I’d got them to dig up enough treasure I cashed in at my castle and built a guardhouse. Howser told me to go to bed. The next morning my new building was sitting there, right and ready. I grabbed a few guards and went off to fight my first boss, Cow Bones.

A lot of the game is absurd in a very funny way. A lot of the bad guys and names of people are just silly and poke fun at games in general. An evil cow with a skull for a head makes for an engaging boss fight and made me giggle like a little girl. It’s often to the point of parody but in some great move in game design it fits perfectly within the world of Little King’s Story. I found myself laughing at quite a lot of the bosses and dialogue and the story.

Cow Bones wasn’t
too hard to defeat but good fun. He was at his weakest when his head came off. ‘I think most people are’ said one of the guys from AFA. True. With the money I got from defeating him I bought the farmhouse and got some farmers to break down another barrier for me so I could fight the next boss, Giant Frog. I fared pretty badly here and had to retreat after he’d eaten half of my troops.

We loaded up a save later in the game so I got a taste of the eventual grandness of my kingdom. When it faded into the throne room I got quite a shock. Gone was the shack, I was in the money now! A great golden throne, regal red carpets, multi-story castle. It was great. Not only this but my castle was now decked out with mini-games such as ping-pong (I didn’t have a chance to play) and the walls were covered in paintings I could pick and change as I wanted. I headed outside, and my kingdom looked basically finished. Huge walls surrounded my castle, there were buildings and people everywhere. Not only that, but I could command 26 people at once. My entourage had grown considerably – and to make it easier to organise the game gives you a clever podium which lets you select teams of people at once – the Royal Guard, Battle Team, Builders, whatever you need, and summons them to your castle straight away. It makes it a lot easier to go out adventuring. Whilst my immediate Kingdom was finished, I’d gained control of a lot of new areas to build in and expand. There were also a lot of new and upgraded jobs for my citizens. Archers, wizards, stonemasons; apparently you’ll have over thirty professions by the end of the game.

The thing that impresses me most about Little King’s Story is the fluidity and overall organic feeling of the game and its gradual expansion. The learning curve seems to be perfect – the game introduces new elements and areas one by one so you’ll never feel overwhelmed. At first, how to move around, how to control your followers, how to use each class, basic combat, building. It all works up into what gradually becomes an incredibly grand scale.

When your initial entourage is five, you can eventually have fifty, moving in different formations and tackling more complex tasks. Where your kingdom starts as a tiny hamlet it will eventually grow into something massive and magnificent. It never felt overwhelming though.

Not only that but the charm and personality that the game exudes make it stand out above the rest. It is made by some of the best though – Japanese developers that worked on Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, older Mario games, Harvest Moon, they teamed up into a sort of super group to make it. The character and world design is brilliant and fits perfectly with the classical music that accompanies your adventure, the cut scenes and art are brilliantly crafted and quite beautiful. While the storybook aesthetic and intuitive game play will keep the kids enthralled, the humour, charm and scale will definitely engage any older players.

Rising Star and AFA Interactive are aiming for an April 24th release.
Fonte: http://vooks.net/modules.php?module=article&id=13811

WANT! :D

E pronto, este captou definitivamente a minha atenção. Logo agora que eu pensava que tinha a minha colecção completa. :P

Provavelmente será o 1º rpg que irei adquirir.

Já li em qualquer lado que este jogo parece uma mix de Animal Crossing (gráficos) com Pikmin (rpg) e eu arriscaria que as cutscenes fazem lembras Okami (pelo estilo dos gráficos que parecem desenhados a lápis de cor).

I also want. :x2:

Hmmm... o Pikmin não é um RPG...

É muito mais RTS que RPG. Este sim adiciona elementos de RPG ao que o Pikmin é.

Excelente texto :)

Hmmm... o Pikmin não é um RPG...

É muito mais RTS que RPG. Este sim adiciona elementos de RPG ao que o Pikmin é.

Ups, my bad, nunca joguei o dito. :P

Para além disso faço ainda alguma confusão entre os vários tipos de jogo. Assim de repente o último jogo rpg que joguei que me ficou na retina foi mesmo só o DIABLO. Grande jogo. :p

Última edição:
A NGamer deste mês trás a primeira review do jogo, e deu-lhe a cotação de 92%

Ainda não há tidbits/transcripts de maior mas... este salta à vista:

"Kooky tunes and classical greats - the most listenable soundtrack since Mario Galaxy."

A OST deste jogo é da senhora que compõe para jogos como... o Kingdom Hearts.

Back