ATI's Radeon 9700 vs NVIDIA's NV30

Of course, the graphics chip companies have frequently pointed to cinematic-style rendering as an eventual goal. NVIDIA's Jen-Hsun Huang said at the launch of the GeForce2 that the chip was a "major step toward achieving" the goal of "Pixar-level animation in real-time". But partisans of high-end animations tools have derided the chip companies' ambitious plans, as Tom Duff of Pixar did in reaction to Huang's comments at the GeForce2 launch. Duff wrote:

`Pixar-level animation' runs about 8 hundred thousand times slower than real-time on our renderfarm cpus. (I'm guessing. There's about 1000 cpus in the renderfarm and I guess we could produce all the frames in TS2 in about 50 days of renderfarm time. That comes to 1.2 million cpu hours for a 1.5 hour movie. That lags real time by a factor of 800,000.)
Do you really believe that their toy is a million times faster than one of the cpus on our Ultra Sparc servers? What's the chance that we wouldn't put one of these babies on every desk in the building? They cost a couple of hundred bucks, right? Why hasn't NVIDIA tried to give us a carton of these things? -- think of the publicity milage [sic] they could get out of it!

:-D Go nVidia! Quero uma GF 2! :-D

Neo, voltas a postar o que quer que seja da nVidia sem ser benchmarks, vais ver o que te faço!
twak.gif

'Nuff said.

;)

We've talked about NV30's potential leg up on ATI's R300. ATI's advantage right now is much simpler: they have a great chip ready to roll immediately. The Radeon 9700 should simply outclass anything else on the market by miles when it hits store shelves. I've seen the Radeon 9700 demonstrate in real time many of the capabilities discussed above, and I can tell you: it's for real.

Ora nem mais, é isso que eu tou farto de dizer, estes artigos que estão a aparecer é tudo vaporware... querem fazer da NV30 o que fizeram com a Parhelia, é mt bonita e vai rebentar com tudo e todos, mas na realidade... a ver vamos!

O que é certo é que a R9700 funciona, existe e trabalha como a ATI afirmou!!!

NV30? nem sequer nome ainda tem... só especulação!

Back