Boa notícia: Allofmp3 renasce como MP3Sparks

X360

Banido
No início deste mês os gananciosos das editoras americanas lá conseguiram fechar o site de venda de MP3 russo que era o 2º maior sitio de vendas de músicas MP3 online, apenas superado pelo iTunes (de um outro ganancioso americano).

No entanto e apesar de terem decorridos inúmeros anos desde o 1º dia de vida do Allofmp3 até à sua morte, a verdade é que todos os créditos e logins do Allofmp3 foram transferidos para um novo site, em tudo idêntico ao anterior. O seu nome é MP3SPARKS. Quem tinha conta activa e com dinheiro no Allofmp3 pode assim ir ao site referido que terá lá a sua conta activa com o mesmo saldo e o mesmo login.

Em pesquisas na net sobre este assunto, deparei-me com o texto que transcrevo abaixo e que acho hilariante na parte em que fazem a simulação do Governo Russo a falar com os responsáveis do defunto Allofmp3.

It looks like American pressure has finally worked and that Russian music download site AllOfMP3 has closed its doors. AllOfMP3 started as a small service and ran for years without hindrance, but more recently it has become a talking point in the mainstream press as record labels attempted to shut the service down by applying pressure to the Russian government via the US government. The lack of modern copyright law and enforcement has become a high-level talking point in discussions relating to Russia’s entrance into the WTO, with AllOfMP3 serving as an example of what the US government sees as wild-west policies in Russia. The Russians held their ground for a long time, but it appears with Putin about to visit Washington that they have finally swept AllOfMp3 under the rug.

But AllOfMp3 is not lost forever. They have setup at least half-a-dozen other sites all utilizing the same music catalog, accounting system and website, albeit with a different design in each case. MP3sparks is an example of one of these new sites, and those familiar with AllOfMp3 will recognize the layout. Further, if you had an AllOfMp3 account you can login to MP3sparks using the same credentials. You will even find your credit balance from AllOfMp3 in place on the new site. Also, the new sites are accepting credit cards again. I just refilled using my US-based VISA card.

This is a good example of just how futile these efforts are. There was no way that the Russian operators were going to easily let go of what would have been a very profitable operation, and it appears they are in the clear for now with the new sites. I can only imagine how the conversation between the Russian government and the operators of AllOfMp3 went:

gov.ru> Boris, we have a problem, it’s the Americans
boris> what is it this time?
gov.ru> they are telling us that we must shut you down
boris> dammit, I am running a legitimate business!
gov.ru> lol!
boris> hehehe
gov.ru> anyway, its the same issue, you aren’t charging your users enough and they want higher royalties
boris> but this is Russia, the average person here makes $300 a month, we can’t charge them 99c a song
gov.ru> I tried telling them that, but apparently lots of Americans are using your site
boris> thats just the free market at work, just like US companies take advantage of cheaper labor in other countries..
gov.ru> whatever, fact is that they are mega-pissed and they keep calling me
boris> so, just don’t answer the phone and lets hope they forget about it
gov.ru> tried that!
boris: well, I am sure we could just take the site down but set it up at a different address
gov.ru> that sounds fine, lets just do that
[10 second pause]
boris> ok, done - the new site is at www.mp3sparks.com
gov.ru> great, that should keep them happy until we get into the WTO
boris> well, anyway, I must get back to ripping CD’s. by the way, we refilled your account
gov.ru> hey thanks!
boris> hurrm, I have a funny feeling that this call is being transcribed
vladimir> ahh, you are just paranoid!

:lol:

Update: It seems that MP3Sparks is down already - probably because of traffic (the site was so busy that the payment processing was timing out). It turns out that AllTunes (www.alltunes.com) is still live and kicking. I find it amazing just how many people are using these sites, and just how well known they are now.

Última edição:
Não sei se já te apercebeste que não deixa pagar com visa? (logo com mbnet, que era como eu fazia os meus pagamentos no allofmp3 :( ).
Nem com o AllTunes dá :( *snif*

Back