PC/Mac Cuphead (Studio MDHR)

@THESLB

Reviews a sair (depois de uma longa espera, mais logo já o vou jogar :victory:):

Cuphead Xbox One Metacritic - 87/100
Cuphead Opencritic - 85/100

Destructoid - 9.5/10
Cuphead's incredible style belies its magical complexity. It's so much more than a hard-as-hell shoot-'em-up with artistic flair. It's cerebral in a way that these kind of games rarely are. Cuphead's commitment to forcing the player to understand is commendable. Those who don't have the patience to learn won't get far. That's the kind of stand-your-ground moxie that makes this a hallmark of game design. My praise runneth over.

Games Radar - 5/5
Yes, Cuphead was worth the wait. Too often, I find myself thinking "Thank God I never have to do that again" after wrapping up a difficult game - but with Cuphead, I'm mighty excited to further my eight-to-nine-hour Regular run and trounce those bosses in an Expert encore. If you're partial to a tough-but-fair challenge, and you have even the slightest appreciation for the rich history of animated cartoons, you'll be overjoyed by the wonderfully artistic adventure that is Cuphead. Maybe you'll even get a blistered thumb or two to remember it by.

Gamespot - 8/10
Cuphead has been a longtime coming, and it's great to see that it lives up to its initial promises. It's beautiful to look at, and with a pitch-perfect soundtrack, it flawlessly captures the era its developers so clearly revere. It's also an intense action game that pulls no punches. It could benefit from a few tweaks, and two-player co-op doesn't feel like the valuable addition you might imagine, but Cuphead remains a rare, unique game that truly stands out.

Polygon - 8.5/10
Cuphead’s deal with the devil eventually leads to hell, and so perhaps it’s fitting the conclusion should be so torturous. Though, honestly, even the residual headache has been soothed by the sweet, sweet salve of victory. When I think of my time with Cuphead, instead of frustration I’ll remember the dozens of tiny breakthroughs, when the impossible became possible, and a game that built an identity around difficulty helped me to feel, however briefly, undefeatable.

Press Start Australia - 9/10
It's a bit unfair to compare Cuphead to almost any other of the brutally tough platformers I've grown to love recently, as it lacks the filler. It gets straight to the good stuff and gives us an almost 'greatest hits' of boss fights. And if they don't get better and more rewarding as they go, I'll go eat. So while you've still got to be a masochist at heart to get through the 'true' Cuphead, people of all ages and backgrounds would be able to sit in front of the television and appreciate Cuphead for its sense of style and its ability to evoke that childlike wonder that was, until now, dormant in most of us.

Shacknews - 8/10
But the best part about Cuphead is that the challenge feels attainable. It's the right kind of frustration, the kind that makes a person feel like they can prevail if they just try one more time. It's easy for this type of game to feel cheap, but it never feels impossible. It's a gorgeous piece of work and a cup that feels better on repeated sips.

Stevivor - 8/10
In the end, Cuphead proves to be everything I wanted it to be — challenging, stylised and fun. It’s a tough, tough game — but unlike Dark Souls, my failures in Cuphead made me want to keep playing. Bring it on.

MSPoweruser - 9/10
Overall, Cuphead is an absolutely fantastic adventure because it combines tight mechanics with stunning visuals. There’s nothing like it on any platform and if you love challenging titles which require practice, then this is the game for you. However, not everyone will enjoy it because of the steep difficulty. Everything about the title—from the platforming to the boss battles—is a challenge which may frustrate many. As alluded to earlier, if you’re willing to put in the time and effort, there’s just nothing that’s more rewarding. Despite all that, the real star of the show here are the visuals because the 1930s animation elevates this game from a standard run-and-gun platformer to an absolutely mesmerizing experience.

Twinfinite - 3/5
Still, there is a game worth enjoying in here, if you can deal with periodic frustration. During encounters that are fully defined it’s easy to get stuck admiring everything that StudioMDHR has created, and it was more than a good enough reason to turn my Xbox One on. It’s because of those parts that are so good that it’s really difficult to ignore the glaring issues. If you’re in dire need of a real challenge, definitely give Cuphead your attention. However, if you’re not in any rush there’s no harm in waiting. I look forward to seeing how the developers deal with this project and how they expand on it in the future.

Windows Central - 4.5/5
Cuphead is an instant classic that will build a solid fanbase across Xbox One and Windows PCs, and hopefully, spawn bigger and bolder sequels in the years to come. Amazing job, Studio MDHR.

True Achievements - 4/5
Cuphead is likely to reveal its deliberate frustrations too late for some people. It's hard not to become infatuated with the game's visuals, leaving uninformed buyers lured in by those blatant strengths to discover only then that it revels in its own relentlessness. This, in turn, could leave some wanting a refund and needing a new controller or two. However, for those that go into it with a co-op partner and with the knowledge that its design is as unforgiving as it is beautiful, it will be a unique and rewarding game. Always unabating but never unfair, Cuphead is tough to overcome but even tougher to put down.

imgmr - 8.9/10
Cuphead is a great looking game that exploits basic jump and shoot mechanics and hitboxes. Just like classic Mega Man games. Every mistake you make is technically your own fault for not being at the right place, or for not shooting the right target. Cuphead is punishing like that, and that is what makes it so difficult and challenging as a game. It is also where it gets its charm, well with that and the carefully crafted 1930s layered hand-drawn design. Remember, no matter how hard, never give up!

Este jogo está brilhante. E finalmente vejo um jogo verdadeiramente desafiante. Pena o escasso tempo porque já estava com saudades daquele misto entre querer partir tudo em rodar mas ao mesmo tempo não ir dormir enquanto não passar o raio do nível. O tempo de espera foi longo mas este é um dos raros momentos em que eu digo valeu a pena esperar.

Comprei o jogo ontem. Só entrei no jogo rapidamente para me colocar a par das mecânicas, apenas concluí o Tutorial e um nível.
Mas gostava de poder jogar isto com um comando... acho que é mais acessível do que com o teclado.

Fiz download do DS4Windows que pelo que percebi é um programa/driver que faz com que o Dualshock 4 da PS4 seja reconhecido pelo Windows como sendo um comando da Xbox 360.
Mas acho que tenho o programa mal configurado porque quando ligo o comando ao PC pelo cabo USB, o meu headset deixa de emitir som (acho que o comando passa a ser reconhecido como dispositivo de áudio... não percebo porquê). O comando funciona e as teclas até estão ao meu jeito, mas tenho outro problema também, quando entro no jogo, o jogo assume que o comando é um segundo jogador e está sempre a activar o modo Coop, ou seja, fico a controlar os dois personagens ao mesmo tempo com o comando... lol.

Alguém me consegue ajudar a configurar isto? :(
O programa faz com que o touchpad do DS4 funcione como o ponteiro do rato no Windows. Achei interessante. Também dá para escolher a cor do led no comando.

Última edição:
O comando funciona e as teclas até estão ao meu jeito, mas tenho outro problema também, quando entro no jogo, o jogo assume que o comando é um segundo jogador e está sempre a activar o modo Coop, ou seja, fico a controlar os dois personagens ao mesmo tempo com o comando... lol.

O programa faz com que o touchpad do DS4 funcione como o ponteiro do rato no Windows. Achei interessante. Também dá para escolher a cor do led no comando.

Tens a versão Steam? Se sim, a Steam reconhece nativamente o comando da PS4, não precisas do DS4. Se googlares encontras várias pessoas com esse mesmo problema que tu, eu incluido. Mas como não tenho a versão Steam (nem é comando PS4, é um USB genérico) tou a arder...vou esperar que arranjem solução para esse problema (vi um no youtube que conseguiu resolver mas a mim não funciona) para jogar isto...não me adaptei ao teclado.

Comprei o jogo ontem. Só entrei no jogo rapidamente para me colocar a par das mecânicas, apenas concluí o Tutorial e um nível.
Mas gostava de poder jogar isto com um comando... acho que é mais acessível do que com o teclado.

Fiz download do DS4Windows que pelo que percebi é um programa/driver que faz com que o Dualshock 4 da PS4 seja reconhecido pelo Windows como sendo um comando da Xbox 360.
Mas acho que tenho o programa mal configurado porque quando ligo o comando ao PC pelo cabo USB, o meu headset deixa de emitir som (acho que o comando passa a ser reconhecido como dispositivo de áudio... não percebo porquê). O comando funciona e as teclas até estão ao meu jeito, mas tenho outro problema também, quando entro no jogo, o jogo assume que o comando é um segundo jogador e está sempre a activar o modo Coop, ou seja, fico a controlar os dois personagens ao mesmo tempo com o comando... lol.

Tenta o input mapper. É o que tenho, funka as mil maravilhas e não interfere com Phones

Este é um must, vou comprar no final do mes sem duvida, no entanto não tenho comando, alguém sabe se é possivel usar o comando da PS3 no pc? neste caso para este jogo..

Se for comando original, usa o Better DS3 ou o ScpToolkit (este também funciona para comandos genéricos). Não instales Motioninjoy, parece que isso contém spyware ou outra marosca do género.

Estou com o mesmo problema que tu! E acontece o mesmo no FIFA 18 para PC, e no F1 2017 também. Parece que todos estes jogos estão a boicotar o DS4 da PS4? Bolas... não queria ter de comprar um comando x360

@Logi_pt pois, nem eu!
Eu lá consegui resolver o problema do som. Bastou-me ir às opção dos dispositivos de som do Windows 10 (dispositivos de som) e alterar os dispositivos pre-definidos para os headphones e micro.
Outra forma que também dizem que funciona é ligar o headset directamente ao DS4, mas eu prefiro ligar ao PC mesmo.

Ou seja, o problema do som eu já consegui resolver... mas agora sempre que jogo ao fim de pouco tempo o comando é reconhecido como Player 2, ou seja, não consigo fazer com que o comando funcione bem.
Alguma dica?

Experimentei o Input Mapper, mas dá-me o mesmo problema (mete-me um Player 2 no jogo quando eu quero jogar sozinho, mas com o comando).

sem duvida, um grande jogo, optimo pra jogar no sofa se tiverem steam link e comando(s). Ainda por cima,a jogo bastante barato mesmo sem desconto.

Para mim, so pelo design e a dificuldade do jogo, ja vale a pena a compra...mesmo que so joguem de vez em quando, tal como eu.

Comprei a versão Play anywhere (que provavelmente é a única) e estou a ter problemas na versão PC, enquanto que na XBOX funciona sem problemas. Já reinstalei, repus através da app da MS, desativei AV e FW e não abre. Aparece a imagem com o logo, mas fecha subitamente.
Sabem dizer-me como se pode resolver?
Obrigado

(já tive esta experiência com o Forza 7, que acontecia a mesma situação.)

------

Resolvi, depois de ganhar previlégios para aceder à pasta, de desabilitar a "resolução optimizada" (optimal screen resolution).
Deixo a dica para quem se depare com este problema.

Última edição:
King Features e Netflix anunciam The Cuphead Show!
The new series will expand on the characters and world of Cuphead, with an animation style inspired by the classic Fleischer cartoons from the 1930s. For King Features, CJ Kettler will serve as the Executive Producer and creators Chad and Jared Moldenhauer will serve as Executive Producers for Studio MDHR. The series will be produced by Netflix Animation and is executive produced by Emmy and Annie Award-winning producer, Dave Wasson (Mickey Mouse Shorts) and Cosmo Segurson (Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling) serves as co-executive producer.

Another helping of classic Cuphead action awaits you in Cuphead - The Delicious Last Course! Brothers Cuphead and Mugman are joined by the clever, adventurous Ms. Chalice for a rollicking adventure on a previously undiscovered Inkwell Isle! With the aid of new weapons, magical charms, and Ms. Chalice’s unique abilities, players will take on a new cast of fearsome, larger than life bosses to assist the jolly Chef Saltbaker in Cuphead’s final challenging quest! For all those with an appetite for adventure, set sail for D.L.C. Isle today in The Delicious Last Course.

https://www.gog.com/game/cuphead_the_delicious_last_course

https://cupheadgame.com/dlc.html

Back