EPIC no Steam

Horus-Anhur

I folded Myself
Another major game development studio has inked a deal with Valve Software in order to put its work on Steam. After id Software, Take-Two Interactive, Rockstar Games, and a good number of others, the latest to join the party is Epic Games. As Shacknews reports, Epic has put almost all of its Unreal games on Steam, although the Microsoft-published Gears of War isn't on the list.

Right now, Steam offers an Unreal Deal Pack that includes Unreal Gold, Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition, Unreal 2: The Awakening, Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition, and Unreal Tournament 3. Valve's content delivery service charges only $53.95 for the pack, which is just over $40 cheaper than the individual prices of each game put together, not to mention only about $10 more than the retail price of Unreal Tournament 3 alone. That particular deal is only temporary, though, and the pack should climb up to $59.95 on March 24.

According to Shacknews, Valve CEO and co-founder Gabe Newell was thrilled by Epic's move. "Epic is a leading developer of game engine technology and has produced some of my favorite games of all time," he stated, adding that it's "an honor to be working with them.

Eu já comprei o Unreal Deal Pack. E tendo em conta que o pack no Steam fica quase ao mesmo preço que o UT3 numa loja física, esta foi uma boa aquisição.

Realmente é muito bom mas eu prefiro ter a versão do jogo física (caixa e manuais) mas sem duvida que para quem não liga muito a isso é um grande preço.

Ainda no outro dia foi a ATARI e agora a EPIC (ontem já estava aqui na STEAM o anúncio:P) sinceramente cada vez acho mais que a STEAM é o futuro dos jogos.

Ainda no outro dia foi a ATARI e agora a EPIC (ontem já estava aqui na STEAM o anúncio:P) sinceramente cada vez acho mais que a STEAM é o futuro dos jogos.

Definitivamente. O Pack é estupidamente bom: todos os Unreal para PC (Championship só há para Xbox) menos o 2003 (considerado o pior por muitos) por 43€...irra.

Realmente o Steam tem vindo a marcar pontos. Gozado por todos no seu início o seu desenvolvimento tem sido surpreendente e agora quase todos aceitam que o futuro da distribuição de conteúdos são os suportes exclusivamente digitais :)

Back