Logitech updates diNovo keyboard

Zarolho

Power Member
I HAD ALWAYS liked the look of the Logitech diNovo keyboard, but I stuck to the tried and true Elite and never bought one. Now Logitech is replacing it with the diNovo Edge, new look, new features and new things.

The new look is the most obvious, and three things are immediately apparent. First, it looks really beautiful. It is laser cut from a single piece of black plexiglass and put into an aluminium surround, hard to beat that material choice. The indicators are all flush and backlit orange or green.

diNovo_Edge_keyboard.jpg

The next thing is all the widgets on the right, the round thing and the line to be specific. The line on top is a volume slider, again flush and touch sensitive. The wheel is a touchpad and two scroll wheels all in one. The touchpad is the center part while the horizontal scroll is the top and the vertical on the right. New types of ergonomic devices like this are always a risk, but I am more than willing to give Logitech the benefit of the doubt here.

The last thing is the missing keys. Sleek and stylish are fine and dandy, but there is no numeric keypad. The older diNovo had a separate one, OK for a desk, but not so hot in a comfy chair or on your lap. This is meant to be an executoy or media center keyboard, and will probably do fine there, but for serious use, the numpad is a dealbreaker for me.

Let's get back to the good though. Logitech looks to have fixed the most aggravating thing since the win-keys, those damnable not function function keys. You know, you go to press F9 and it opens My Docs, and you can't set them to be F1-12 as default. It looks like that bad idea has been banished to whatever pit it crawled out of in the first place, I can't emphasise how good a thing this is.

On the far left, you have zoom in, out and cursor buttons. Basically, this keyboard is a combo keyboard and mouse that looks to have been re-engineered from the ground up. No bolting a laptop pad in an awkward place, the diNovo Edge has proper integration. It could be a very good thing overall.

Going back to the physical, the keyboard itself is only 3/4 of an inch (19.05 mm) thick and lies flat. This is said to reduce wrist strain and is my preference for typing. The keyboard also comes with a recharging stand that allows it to stand vertically when not in use. A two hour charge is said to be worth months of work.

The keyboard itself is Bluetooth wireless and comes with a dongle, but if your PC or laptop has it built in, you can just pair up and go. It will be interesting to see how well this works as a travel accessory, most laptops have Bluetooth now.

The diNovo Edge forms the highest end of Logitech's line up. It certainly looks the part, and if its predecessor is anything to go by, will live up to the form in function. Look for it in early November for $199.99. µ

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34824

Gosto do aspecto e das features que tem, mas, tal como o timber, sem teclado numérico é que não.

Além disso, não gosto muito de teclado que fogem ao padrão das teclas: enter grande a ocupar 2 filas, backspace e o shift da direita também granditos, a disposição de 2x3 das teclas insert, delete, home, end, page up e down e as 3 teclas print screen scroll e break afastadas do último conjunto.

Além disso, não era eu que dava 200$ por um teclado!

Fez-me lembrar o meu 48k. O_o
Está muito engraçado sim senhor, pena o preço que não deve fugir ao que esta gama nos habituou.

para mim, o preço é de facto o único incoveniente.
mas é preciso não esquecer que não estamos apenas a falar dum teclado... isto é rato e teclado num só. para mais o design até está engraçado... é um diNovo. :)

tkm_[pt];1187712 disse:
Gosto do aspecto e das features que tem, mas, tal como o timber, sem teclado numérico é que não.

Além disso, não gosto muito de teclado que fogem ao padrão das teclas: enter grande a ocupar 2 filas, backspace e o shift da direita também granditos, a disposição de 2x3 das teclas insert, delete, home, end, page up e down e as 3 teclas print screen scroll e break afastadas do último conjunto.

Além disso, não era eu que dava 200$ por um teclado!

Este teclado exposto na foto não é a versão PT.

Bem, lindo ele é, mas não ter o numpad é um "defeito" para min, deviam eram ter versões com e sem numpad...

(Ironia é eu estar a escrever num post sobre um teclado ultimo grito a partir de um teclado que veio da 2ª guerra mundial e não tem layout tuga :wow: )

O layout é claramente de teclado de portatil, muito semelhante ao meu revoltec advanced Lightboard (apesar de o meu ter teclado numérico). é de facto lindo, mas o preço é, de facto, muito alto. Claramente um diNovo

É fantástico, e o numpad está sempre À parte nos Dinovo. Até está mais barato que o anterior!

axo que nao leste bem nem entendeste...

isto NAO TRAS numpad ou rato!
apenas o que ves na imagem! 200 dolares! tipo o dinovo actual tem numpad e rato e custa 200 euros....:lol: axo que perfiro mesmo o dinovo actual!:x2:

Muito bonito estéticamente. Ideal para usar num sistema multimédia. PC ligado a uma TV-LCD com internete, jogos, para ver filmes, e esse teclado em cima da mesa da sala. Até dá para enfeitar

Back