Novo HD da Maxtor

D1S0RD3R

Banido
The DiamondMax Plus 9 is Maxtor's highest-performance desktop PC drive to date. The drive pairs storage capacities of 60GB, 80GB, 120GB and 160GB with a rotation speed of 7,200 revolutions per minute. (The rotation speed refers to the spinning of the hard-drive platters, which hold the data and function like a record on a record player.)

Drive makers have combined the 7,200rpm speed, up from 5,400rpm, with higher areal densities (or the amount of data that a drive maker can fit onto a single platter) and a new, higher-bandwidth ATA133 interface in a quest to outdo one another and offer PC makers and consumers faster, higher-capacity disks. Faster drives with higher-bandwidth interfaces can read and write data more quickly, which can help boost PC performance

simples..... pegam nos discos e cortam-lhes um pedaço com uma motoserra :D
Agora ñ sei o pk do ata 133.... os discos só lá chegam a ler dados em cache! A ler e escrever dados no disco fisico a performance fica nuns miseros 30/50mb/s!

Originally posted by Tafinho
A seguir podem-me explicar como fazem discos de 60GB e 120 GB com pratos de 80GB ....

Epa, nao tou a perceber, mas afinal onde e q se fala em pratos de 80gb na noticia? qual e a fonte? la diz mais q isto?

Eu kero e benchs!! onde tao benchs? show me the numbers. :D

Originally posted by SilveRRIng

Epa, nao tou a perceber, mas afinal onde e q se fala em pratos de 80gb na noticia? qual e a fonte? la diz mais q isto?

Eu kero e benchs!! onde tao benchs? show me the numbers. :D

Dasse, e se fosses pesquisar tu antes de dizeres qualquer coisa , que tal o sitio mais ÓBVIO ? http://www.shareholder.com/maxtor/news/20020905-89398.cfm

Maxtor Breaks Industry Record - Ships 80 GB Per Platter Drives
Maxtor Expands Hard Disk Drive Line Targeting Applications Ranging from the Desktop to PVRs
MILPITAS, Calif., September 5, 2002 - Maxtor Corporation (NYSE: MXO), a worldwide leader in hard disk drives and data storage solutions, today announced it is shipping the industry's highest density hard disk drives, its latest additions to its DiamondMax® 5400 RPM and DiamondMax Plus 7200 RPM families of desktop drives. Both feature industry-leading 80 GB per platter areal densities. The DiamondMax 16 and the DiamondMax Plus 9 are designed for capacities from 60 GB to 160 GB.

Back