OCZ compra PC Power & Cooling

blastarr

Power Member
OCZ Acquires PC Power & Cooling

Memory, cooling and power supply giant OCZ picks up enthusiast power supply company PC Power & Cooling

4855_282_large_ryandeltabass2.JPG

OCZ CEO Ryan Petersen is all smiles after picking up boutique power-supply vendor PC Power & Cooling.
(Source: DailyTech)

OCZ today announced it has acquired American supplier of power supply units PC Power & Cooling. Orginally founded in 1985, PC Power & Cooling has been a frontrunner in ultra high-performance power supplies and cooling solutions. OCZ aims to expand its product line through the acquisition, increase its R&D resources, and establish the organization as the leading provider of power-supply solutions.

The acquisition will result in concentrated efforts between OCZ and PC Power & Cooling. The two companies will combine their technical strengths and R&D resources to deliver stronger solutions to consumers. PC Power & Cooling has had a long history of offering enthusiast oriented products.

OCZ plans to combine the current product lines of both companies immediately after the acquisition is complete. PCP&C's current line of power supply units will become the new line of high-end OCZ power supplies. Despite the acquisition, the power supplies will still maintain their PCP&C branding.

In addition to combining current product lines, OCZ will make PC Power & Cooling's products available worldwide through its distribution channels, which includes Wal-Mart and Buy.com. Previously PCP&C's products were only available for sale in the U.S through its online store and a few retailers.

The acquisition will also result in a change in management for OCZ. The founder of
PCP&C, Doug Dodson will move into the position of Chief Technology Officer at OCZ. Previously, the role of CTO was jointly filled by OCZ CEO Ryan Peterson and OCZ vice president of technology development Michael Schuette. OCZ hopes to bring Dodson's experience and innovation to the company by adding him to its leadership.

Regarding his new position, Doug Dodson said "In my new role as Chief Technology Officer, I will focus on maintaining PC Power's lead in proven ultra high-performance with the Turbo-Cool line, and in value and quiet computing with the Silencer line, as well as provide guidance for the continuing improvement of OCZ's power management solutions. I am excited about the improved accessibility of PC Power & Cooling products and I am confident that our rich tradition of reliability and innovation will continue to strengthen as a part of the OCZ Technology Group.”

OCZ company went public in London April 2006 and had its initial public offering in June. Further financial data on the acquisition will be released Tuesday.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7448

Back