PlayStation [RUMOR] Tourist Trophy 2 (Polyphony Digital)

ShadowPeter

Colaborador
Staff
Kazunori Yamauchi "Can't Say There Won't Be" a Tourist Trophy 2

Since a team of Polyphony Digital employees were seen scanning the Snaefell Mountain Course last year – host of the legendary Isle of Man TT – there’s been a lot of talk about the possibility of motorcycles coming to the next installment of the Gran Turismo series.

Of course, Polyphony has a strong track record with standalone motorcycle games, having released “Tourist Trophy” on the PS2 back in 2006, powered by GT4’s game engine.

While Kazunori is occasionally asked about a Tourist Trophy revival by the media, his most recent response to the “Tourist Trophy 2″ question should raise a few eyebrows. In a video interview with Game’s Princess at the recent Peugeot Vision GT event in Paris, Kazunori laughed nervously, shook his head in agreement, and acknowledged the possible existence of the game:

“I won’t deny that, because I know there’s a lot of people waiting for it. I can’t say there won’t be a [Tourist Trophy 2].”

That’s a curious answer, considering last year’s news from the Isle of Man. You can watch the full interview below, where Kazunori works his way around the host’s other questions regarding GT7 and its possible release date.

Back