Sony PSP Japan Launch Coverage

Korben_Dallas

Zwame Advisor
http://www.juergenspecht.com/documentations/?number=12

Only 200,000 Sony PSP's were available for its launch in Japan, so it's rather expected that people go through some pain to get one of the first devices sold in Tokyo's "Electric City" Akihabara district. Arriving in the wee hours of the morning, I saw already people waiting in up to 500 meter long queues while burning time with sleeping, chatting and playing games on Nintendo's DS. Some people told me that they waited for more than 24h already.

The Sony PSP has a 4.3-inch, wide-screen TFT LCD, built-in support for IEEE802.11b wireless LAN, a USB 2.0 port, MemoryStick Pro Duo slot, and a IrDA port and will be sold in USA and Europe in the first quarter of 2005. The Sony PSP costs 20,790Yen in Japan.

The PSP is available in two configurations. One is a system-only package, while a "value pack" includes many of the available accessories, such as a pair of headphones with remote, a 32MB memory stick duo, and a slim carrying case. Sony is also selling AC adapters (though, obviously, both packages come with one already) and additional batteries. Third-parties are already selling thin pieces of plastic film that are intended to protect the screen from scratches.

psp.jpg

psp01.jpg

Acho que ainda não é desta q adiro ao mobile gaming... já não tenho vida para isso e já gasto tempo suficiente em casa :P

Tanto a PSP como a DS são tentadoras... pode ser que me passe qd sair o PES para as duas.

Back