PC/Mac/Linux Empire: Total War

Que tipo de tropas é que estavas à espera no século XVIII? É uma representação realista das guerras militares deste período, não há grande razão de queixa.

E já existe um tópico oficial aqui.

Não fazia de todo sentido andarem lá de espada em punho contra gajos de espingarda :P Também ando viciado no medieval 2, espero não ficar desapontado com este novo total war como tu.

676dfed.gif
Muito boa essa cena do Indy :lol:

Não, por enquanto deve ser exclusivo do Steam.

Experimenta mudar o local de download. Eu tinha Portugal & Spain, sacava a ~100KB/s. Quando mudei para US Coast - East, passei a sacar a ~1.2MB/s.

Review da Eurogamer: 9/10

Total War is scary big. On your first time through it you're going to have significantly different experiences from your friends, assuming you play different countries. Hell, even if you play the same one, you could follow completely different tactical routes. It's an almost impossibly big game, so I'm left judging it on general principles. From what I played, they work enormously well - generally.

(...)

That's the engine which powers Total War. Tactics and strategy/economics are divided into two separate games, then conjoined. Successes and failures in each side of the game feed back into the other. The joy of the Total War games has always been how the two combine to create an authentic impression of statesmanship and generalship. Battles have much more real stakes than any traditional single-player game - it's the difference between having the game tell you that your capital will be destroyed if you lose the battle, and you, having built that capital from nothing, seeing the enormous enemy army sweeping in with only a scratch force to stop them. Total War shows, not tells, and reaps the dramatic rewards.

That's how Total War games have always worked, and the same's true for Empire - but more so. There's so much content here that it's phenomenally difficult to offer a comprehensive review. It's got the often-overlooked battle-map multiplayer, and campaign multiplayer is promised for a post-release patch. It's got design-your-own-skirmish play. It's got historical battles. It's got a hefty single-player linear campaign, more akin to a traditional single-player RTS campaign - with a few knobs on. This Road To Independence is arguably the best tutorial for how the game really works, starting with just battle-maps, then adding small single towns to govern, expanding to the conquest of the USA - and, finally, a Grand Campaign playing as the Americans.

The Grand Campaign is the centrepiece of Empire - when people say Total War, this is what they mean. Playing as any of the major nations, you set off to conquer the world. Well, that's one option - more likely you'll choose a short 50-year game to begin, with some more achievable goals which vary from nation to nation.

Elsewhere on the strategic side, there's the introduction of a genuine tech-tree for you to research (one of the "techs" being philosophy, which causes an outbreak of republicanism and you deciding between staying loyal or turning to the old liberty, equality, fraternity); agents spawning by themselves as a by-product of other activities rather than being made, including the lovely Gentleman who can either do some research or challenge other bounders to a duel; recruiting directly to armies rather than in cities; governments and opposing governments with different staff ; a much improved diplomacy model with more abilities to make deals, and... oh, it's bloody endless.

(...)

Empire is a massive game with massive edges. They remain scrappy. It's these sort of things which keep it from a 10; that limit it to being merely one of the games of the year, one which I'm going to play another round of immediately.
In some ways, it's the closest we've come to the enormous social novel from the period after that which Empire chronicles: it's a Tolstoy-esque War and Peace of a game. Its problems may be the inevitable problems of trying something with such sheer scope. As such, if you want the breathtaking vision of the game, you have to accept the flaws in the details - for now, at least. I bet Tolstoy would have loved patches too.
Vale a pena ler a review completa, tem muita informação interessante sobre o jogo. Só vem confirmar que este Empire: Total War está à altura das grandes expectativas com que vai ser recebido.

De ter em conta que a única razão pela qual não recebeu 10 foi devido a alguns aspectos menos polidos que apresenta devido à sua grande escala e ambição. Sabendo a comunidade que rodeia a série Total War e o suporte da Creative Assembly, sem dúvida que estes pormenores serão inevitalmente corrigidos num futuro próximo, oferecendo uma experiência ainda mais completa :)

Última edição:
Review da Eurogamer: 9/10

Vale a pena ler a review completa, tem muita informação interessante sobre o jogo. Só vem confirmar que este Empire: Total War está à altura das grandes expectativas com que vai ser recebido.
Gostei da critica, aliás gosto sempre de ler as criticas do Kieron Gillen

Full Steam, a versão retail têm que ser activada à mesma no Steam.
Thank god! É da forma que se pode comprar lá fora mais barato e desfrutar de todas as vantagens do Steam.

Full Steam, a versão retail têm que ser activada à mesma no Steam.

WTF???
Não sou muito fã de ter que jogar no Steam, não percebo o porque desta jogada por parte da SEGA, mas pronto são opções.

Já agora, no Steam temos lá duas versões, uma com e outra sem o Special Forces. Não percebo a ideia de termos de pagar mais $10 para termos mais unidades.....

Cada vez menos me sinto tentado a comprar o jogo no dia 4... e já coloquei os €€€ de lado para isso.

WTF???
Não sou muito fã de ter que jogar no Steam, não percebo o porque desta jogada por parte da SEGA, mas pronto são opções.

Protecção anti-cópia muito boa sem ser chata para o utilizador (só tens de utilizar o Steam).
Claramente menos chata que algumas que têm limites de activação, etc.

Auto-patching e muito mais rápido.

Server browser do Steam, que é muito bom e dá jeito visto que este jogo vai ter forte componente multiplayer (diz que vai ter campanha multiplayer, após futuro patch).

Eu, ao contrário de ti, achei uma excelente decisão.

Já agora, no Steam temos lá duas versões, uma com e outra sem o Special Forces. Não percebo a ideia de termos de pagar mais $10 para termos mais unidades.....

Mesma coisa que o Retail (se bem que o retail está bastante mais barato). É uma "edição especial", pelos vistos.

Sim a grande vantagem do Steam é mesmo o server browsing. Mas neste tipo de jogo não me parece que se esteja a mudar de servidor de 5 em 5 minutos.

O steam tem um senão (IMO). Se quiseres trocar o jogo com um amigo ou vende-lo como usado não podes, uma vez que já está activo na tua conta.
É claro que o steam é melhor que ter um numero limite de activações, e tens a vantagem de caso percas o DVD tens sempre na tua conta o jogo.

Em relações ás edições já reparei que a game (www.game.net) tem ainda mais uma unidade exclusiva além das special forces que são os: Death's Head Hussars.
Dada a componente multiplayer do jogo. Quem comprar a edição mais cara não terá vantagem sobre os outros??

O que me desagrada neste sistema não é o pagar mais, pois sou a favor das edições especiais nos videojogos (e DVD em geral), mas que tragam um boneco, ou caixa diferente. Agora, mudar o conteudo do proprio jogo já não acho tanta piada!!

Mais uma review:

IGN - 9.5/10

Empire: Total War is a masterful combination of all the things that I love about strategy games -- a great setting, a first-rate presentation, tactics that reward maneuver, and a strategic layer that requires flexibility in your plans. The 18th century is a perfect setting for the game design, and the new naval battles, while a tad clunky, finally deliver the series' one missing component. The new strategic options are nicely balanced by increased convenience and legibility across the map. True, the end game still drags a bit and there are some small, rough edges in the tactical battles, particularly at sea, but none of those errors compromise the incredible amount of fun you'll have developing your infrastructure, forging alliances and leading your forces into battle.

Ultimately, Empire Total War maintains the excellent fusion of thoughtful turn-based empire building and dramatic tactical action that the series is known for, and it layers many new features on those foundations to reach awesome new heights. I've never given a score this high before, but that's only because I've never played a game as thoroughly enjoyable as Empire Total War.

Simply put, if you're a fan of strategy games, this is one game you must have in your collection.

Presentation - 9.5
Graphics - 9.0
Sound - 9.0
Gameplay - 9.5
Overall - 9.5

Última edição:
O que me desagrada neste sistema não é o pagar mais, pois sou a favor das edições especiais nos videojogos (e DVD em geral), mas que tragam um boneco, ou caixa diferente. Agora, mudar o conteudo do proprio jogo já não acho tanta piada!!

Se fosse a ti não me preocupava muito com isso, a comunidade rapidamente adicionará essas duas unidades gratuitamente nalguma mod, assim como muito mais conteúdo ;)

Back