Wii Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (RPG)

FRAGILE A SER LOCALIZADO PELA XSEED!

Fragile Coming to America!
Xseed Games picks up the hotly anticipated Japanese adventure for a stateside release. First localization details.

Earlier this year, Namco Bandai shipped the acclaimed adventure game Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon in Japan and American players eagerly awaited news of a local release, which sadly never came. When contacted, Namco Bandai representatives explained that the company had no plans to publish the title, set to the backdrop of an atmospheric post-apocalyptic world, in the U.S.

Thankfully, though, Xseed Games does and we are able to reveal today that Xseed has secured the North American publishing rights to Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. The tri-Crescendo-developed project will ship stateside for Wii this winter, according to the company.

Jun Iwasaki, President of XSeed: We are ecstatic to be able to finally confirm Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon for gamers in North America. We have received countless requests from eager gamers pleading with us to publish this title, and it gives us great joy to be able to give the public what they want while being able to work on such a great game.

Fragile follows the adventures of a young boy named Seto who may or may not be the last human being alive. As the lonely character searches the foggy, light-abandoned world for survivors, armed with a flashlight, he stumbles across a mysterious girl named Ren and becomes infatuated with her. Unfortunately, the two become separated and Seto embarks on a quest to find Ren again. Along the way, the hero must fight off ghosts and demons that haunt the landscapes, explore dark and seemingly empty ruins, and put together the pieces of a puzzle that will ultimately reveal the downfall of mankind. The title has received high praise for its emotional storyline and stunning graphics and has remained on our most wanted lists since we first played the Japanese import.
Fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/987/987312p1.html

SIM, SIM, SIM!!!! onde faço pré-order? XSeeeeeeed <3

Entrevista:

First of all, great job picking this game up. You're set to bring it out "winter 2009." That's pretty vague. Can we expect it for the holiday?

Kenji Hosoi, XSeed localization manager:
Thank you, we're very excited to be working on this title. We'll try our best to bring it in time for the holidays, but since the game needs to have full English voice-recording done, a pre-holiday release will be extremely tight. We'll keep you guys updated.

Fragile boasts a great story complemented by top Japanese voice work. How are you handling the localization of both?

Kenji:
[We're handling the localization] with extreme care... Since the original game is set in Japan, we're keeping it that way for the North American version as well. Regarding voice-overs, the Japanese voice actors are very good, as usual, so we'll have our work cut out for us to try to match their quality.

Will you keep the Japanese dub as an alternative for those who want it? ?

Kenji:
We've already asked the development team to add a voice option where the player can choose from English or Japanese audio, and the initial feedback has been promising. Nothing is certain yet, but I'm sure they will do everything possible to add that option in so keep your fingers crossed.

What about English voice work? What're your ambitions there? ?

Kenji:
We're all looking forward to doing the recording for the English voices. Still trying to finish the text translations so casting hasn't started yet, but hopefully we can live up to the Japanese voices. To the hardcore gamers out there that think "if it's not Japanese it's crap", please check out the English voices too because we do work really hard on the English voice-over recordings and it'll be a shame if nobody uses them (assuming we're lucky enough to keep the original Japanese, of course).

Finally, content wise, are any changes planned?

Kenji:
Some of the graphics will of course be changed to English, but we're really not taking anything out or thinking about any major changes at this point. We're trying to get some additional content as the development team seems to be really enthusiastic about their game getting released in North America, but it's too early to tell if scheduling and technical issues may prevent it or not at this point.

Audio Japonês quase confirmado :D XSEED does what Namcodon't!

EDIT:
E a Europa. chupa no dedo? :(
A XSEED tem óptimas relações com a Rising Star, que incluem partilha de recursos (há jogos que a XSEED localiza e dá a localização à Rising Star, que é essencialmente a sucursal europeia da Marvelous). E claro... tens a antiga Atari europa, agora comprada pela Bandai Namco, que tem andado a dar maiores mostras de abertura que a Bandai Namco Americana, com um Dragon Ball a vir com voice-overs e musicas Japonesas (rumores do mesmo suceder com o One Piece) e o Sky Crawlers a aparecer listado na Europa/Australia (territórios PAL) mas não na América. Quem sabe se não aproveitam o facto de terem a tarefa facilitada com a tradução existente e... o lançam.

Só por aqui, o facto de a XSeed lhe ter pegado deixa duas editoras potencialmente capazes de o publicar... digamos que tens 200% mais hipóteses de sair na Europa agora... que antes.

Mas não em Q4 2009 (isto se a XSEED conseguir lançar o jogo até lá, vão tentar)

Última edição:
Confirmado para a E3:

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon Wii

Seto is an extremely special young boy; he may be the last remaining human being alive on the planet. As Seto searches through the eerily calm and beautiful ruins of a civilization lost, he comes across a mysterious girl named Ren, who quickly scurries away from him despite possibly being the only other living human in the world. As he struggles to locate Ren and search for other survivors, he must also fight off the ghosts and demons that haunt this forsaken land and piece together the mystery behind the disappearance of mankind.

In Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, players will explore a dark and abandoned world with the aid of their Wiimote that functions as a flashlight and as a proximity sensor to track invisible ghosts. The highly cinematic presentation, coupled with an emotive soundtrack, bring the narrative of a lonely and lost soul to life as players encounter memorable characters and discover the back story behind scavenged items that provide insight on people’s last days before the apocalypse. Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon is scheduled to be released Winter 2009 exclusively for Wii.

Trailer, trailer, trailer :D (please?)

Entrevista:

How did this translation come to be? Did XSeed reach Namco Bandai or did Namco Bandai reach XSeed? Was the fan feedback for Fragile an influential part in convincing Namco Bandai?

XSEED:
We went to them. It was a title we had been keeping our eye on for a while, but started asking about it when their US subsidiary failed to announced a North American release. We wanted it from the start, but having fans write in and request the title definitely helped firm up our belief that this title needed to be brought over.

Fragile producer, Kentarou Kawashima, said that other titles in the Fragile series may come about in the future. Is bringing Fragile to North America a way to establish a fanbase here so that future iterations of the series can succeed in at least North America and Japan?

XSEED:
We didn’t know anything about this when we first started discussing the title with them. We can’t speak on their behalf, but it’s possible that wanting to make it a series motivated them more to release it worldwide.

You said that there might be a chance to have the original Japanese voices. Would it be possible to have a sort of “Japanese mode” where it’s basically the Japanese version? (yeah pretty stupid question <_>)

XSEED:
Don’t understand the question. Other than translating text to English, we really don’t plan on changing much since we want to keep the original creator’s vision intact as much as possible.

Are the vocal songs by Aoi Teshima going to be translated and dubbed like the voice actors? Is having Aoi Teshima re-sing it in English an option?

XSEED:
No plans to dub or change the song, we want to leave it as is.

Is every Japanese text in the game going to be translated? There are some moments where Japanese text cues appear and personally I’d like those little touches to stay.

XSEED:
Plans to provide sub-titles on some of the major Japanese graffiti on the walls and environments, but not actually changing anything that’s written.

There were some gameplay aspects that caused a bit of a problem in the original title. If there was enough time, would these gameplay issues be addressed?

XSEED:
None of the original gameplay is being changed, but the dev team is excited about the North American release and are looking into trying to add some extras for us. Keep your fingers crossed…

Personally, how do the people at XSeed feel about this project?

XSEED:
We couldn’t be more excited to be working on this title, we all played it and loved it, so just knew we had to do everything we could to bring it over.
Fonte: http://leakybattery.wordpress.com/2009/06/06/fragile-questions-answered/

:D

Are the vocal songs by Aoi Teshima going to be translated and dubbed like the voice actors? Is having Aoi Teshima re-sing it in English an option?

XSEED:
No plans to dub or change the song, we want to leave it as is.
:009:, agora só falta despacharem-se

Preview 1Up:

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
It's just you and a flashlight as you search for another living soul.

What's the game about? Fragile is a beautiful, moody adventure on Wii. The game is all about exploration, and your interactions with characters in the post-apocalyptic Tokyo setting are all there to give context to your journey. You play as Seto, a lonely boy whose grandfather -- the only other living person he's ever known -- has recently died. In a letter, the grandfather tells Seto to travel across the city toward the only place that seems to have any power left: Tokyo Tower. Every other place has gone dark and is in ruins, full of ghosts and lingering spirits, so if you're to find any other living person, the best bet is the Tower.

What's new for E3? I played 10 minutes of the game during last year's Tokyo Game Show, and Fragile has been released in Japan since then. So what the game's US publisher XSEED showed me at E3 isn't exactly what I'd call "new," but it is something U.S. audiences probably haven't seen, so it's still worth mentioning. Unlike the TGS demo, which took place in what appeared to be an abandoned schoolhouse of some kind, Fragile's E3 demo takes place right at the start of the game, after Seto's grandfather dies and leaves him with a letter directing him to the distant glowing tower. All Seto has in his inventory is a wooden stick, but a quick run around the observatory (where Seto and his grandfather have been living) reveals a flashlight. To distinguish areas of interest, green fireflies will congregate around examinable or obtainable objects.

After a short encounter with a giant masked spirit that looks straight out of Spirited Away, and Seto killing it with his wooden stick, it's off to more exploration. Though you do have to destroy some hostile spirits and ghosts, the game doesn't look to be about combat so much as learning about the world and the people who used to live in it. Within seconds of stepping out of his observatory, Seto comes across Fragile's main heroine, Ren, where she's sitting on a metal beam and singing. Seto startles her and she falls off, bumping her head. He runs to see if she's OK, and is shocked that he can actually touch her -- apparently, a ghost would appear to be a live person, but Seto would never be able to touch them. Before he can ask for her name, she runs off again. From there, he's determined to find her again, as she may be the only other living person left in the world besides himself.

What's our take? Again, Fragile is a beautiful Wii game, with just the right amount of eerie mystery that stays away from being too scary. The visual style, combined with the quiet atmospheric sounds, convey Seto's sense of loneliness and makes his search for companionship that much more compelling.
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3174657&p=44

EDIT: Hands-on Destructoid:

E3 09: XSEED shows off more of Fragile

Fragile: Sayonara Tsuki no Haikyo was easily one of my most wanted games the moment screens and info started to pop up for it last year. After Dale got time for a hands on at last year's Tokyo Game Show, I wanted the game worse than ever, but since it was released in Japan in January there wasn't much indication that it would get a US release. I was hopeful, but as the months passed I began to think I would never play the game in English.

The day I landed in Los Angeles for E3, the news hit that XSEED had announced Fragile for US release, and to say I was absolutely ecstatic would be a deep understatement. Called Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon here, the game is the ultimate example of how an experienced Wii developer has no excuse when it comes to producing high quality visuals on the console. We sat down with XSEED on the last day of E3 to spend some time with the game and see what's in store when it comes our way this winter.

From the first moment the screen appears on to the last moment of the demo, everything about Fragile is enchanting. In the part of the game we walked through, we were introduced to Juto, the main character. He is exploring what looked to be a deserted amusement park when he comes across a mysterious, feisty-looking boy who proceeds to taunt him about being human (the boy says "Humans arent from around here").

By holding the Wiimote in my right hand and the nunchuk in my left, I was able to easily control Juto. The Wiimote acts as a flashlight, while you use the analog stick of the nunchuk to control movement. While the first moments of Fragile I saw did a good job of communicating the isolation of the world it takes place in, you will sometimes encounter enemies. You will start out with a tree branch as a weapon, but will later be able to find other types of things you can defend yourself with.

After a few moments with the mysterious boy, he steals your necklace, which is a precious gift from your grandfather. While he doesn't seem to be deeply malicious, he still makes off with it, and if you want your talisman back, you'll need to go after him. Damn these impish types!

Green fireflies will highlight things that you should pay attention to as you progress through the story, but add an organic touch to the atmophere. Speaking of story, XSEED let us know that Fragile will feature action, but puts more emphasis on crafting a rich, absorbing story that will deeply immerse the player.

Any fan of game soundtracks will be instantly drawn to Fragile's hauntingly beautiful soundtrack, which I've had in heavy rotation in my MP3 for several months now. XSEED also mentioned that there was some possibility that the Japanese songs would be rerecorded in English for the US release. Personally, I would be perfectly happy if they were left exactly as they are, but considering that a game this unusual is coming to the US in the first place, I won't complain.

We can look forward to an early 2010 release, either in March or April. I know it sounds strange considering how many huge new games were debuted at this year's E3, but Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon was easily one of my favorite games I laid eyes on at the show. Thank you, XSEED -- if this game is even half of what I expect it to be, this could be one of the most intriguing experiences I'll have next year.
Fonte: http://www.destructoid.com/e3-09-xseed-shows-off-more-of-fragile-134996.phtml

Relativamente a gráficos, é de facto de notar que é raro o título da Namco que, com mais ou menos orçamento, sai com mau aspecto. Fragile, os One Piece, Sky Crawlers, etc, todos têm um excelente visual.

Relativamente a gráficos, é de facto de notar que é raro o título da Namco que, com mais ou menos orçamento, sai com mau aspecto. Fragile, os One Piece, Sky Crawlers, etc, todos têm um excelente visual.
*cough* Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World *cough*

E não sei se definiria o Sky Crawlers como algo de baixo orçamento... estamos a falar da equipa e knowhow do Ace Combat a trabalhar na Wii como plataforma principal; não era uma equipa B e isso é dizer muito. Já o Fragile não faço ideia qual o orçamento deles, mas estão de parabéns de qualquer forma.

EDIT: Nintendo Power deste mês:

Transcript do artigo:

Desolation Nation

Shopping malls are crumbling. Bridges are rotting away. Nature is reclaiming the freeways. The world has ended, and everyone is dead. It would be the worst possible ending for any other game, but it's nothing more than the backstory to Fragile, a mystery adventure set in the ruins of modern-day Tokyo.

Fifteen-year-old hero Seto is too young to remember the world before it ended. He grew up with an old man who lived in an observatory, the only other survivor he's ever met. But now that man is dead, and Seto is venturing off toward the tower that dominates the skyline, hoping he'll discover someone else with whom to share his life. His journey will take him through shopping plazas and amusement parks, desolate ruins of a life he will never know.
He travels at night, finding his way through abandoned subway stations with the sickly glow of an ancient flashlight. He'll barely need it on the surface, where the game's lonely setpieces are lit by the stunning beauty of a stardrenched sky, made all the more radiant by the lack of light from the deserted world below.

Seto doesn't much care how or why the world ended; postapocalyptic Tokyo is the only world he's ever known. But of course we care, and the game is full of clues that will lead players to a definitive answer. The mysterious cataclysm came suddenly, but not entirely without warning-the victims had a little bit of time to consider their fate, and rather their parting thoughts. These thoughts survive on the artifacts people left behind, like a cell phone into which a girl recorded a final audio message, beggining whoever finds it not to forget about her (Alas, she filled up the memory before she could get to her name.) Other thoughts linger mysteriously on treasured mementos; a dog collar revealing the end of humanity throught the eyes of a faithful pet, or the toy of a child, who remained oblivious about what was happening around him. Most of these reflections are tragic, many are poignant, and a few are oddly hilarious, such as the video-game cartridge holding the final regrets of an RPG fan who wished he had come up with a worthy name for his hero instead of hastily hammering out "AAAA" on the character-creation screen. Let's all hope that we can come up with something slighly deeper when oblivion rolls around for us.

As you might have guessed, Fragile is set entirely in a dark section of the emotional spectrum that few games ever visit. It has some horror-esque shocks, but Fragile's mood is not so much scary as it is sad and unsettling.
However, the game is by no means depressing: exploring the ruins of modern civilization is a strangely engaging experience. (...)

EDIT2: HOLY SHIEEEEEET: 8|

WSR_01.jpg

-> http://www.risingstargames.com/games/fragile-wii.html

Não há anuncio oficial mas alguém descobriu ISTO na webpage da Rising Star ;)

Rising Star=Release PAL

Última edição:
Eu bem falei que as probabilidades de sair na Europa, depois da XSEED lhe pegar se tinham multiplicado exponencialmente e que a Rising Star tinha ligações a eles que podiam facultar a distribuição do jogo ;)

Mas é sempre bom verificar que se concretizou... E o jogo merece.

Back