Processador AMD Phenom II

AMD Dragon Platform Logo Revealed

AMD has kept the logo for the Dragon platform very quiet lately, but here it is.

For those that don't know about the Dragon platform it consists of a processor, motherboard chipset and graphics card that have been tuned to give you a better user experience.

The Dragon Platform:
1. AMD Radeon HD 4800 Series Graphics Card
2. AMD 790GX Chipset powered motherboard
3. AMD Phenom II Processor

Here is the Dragon Logo:
file.php
http://forums.legitreviews.com/about18669.html?sid=f3a1240f3e0a583e3311bf90d697cadb#p129513

deixa-os falar, para janeiro se se confimar isto vão haver muitos a correr atrás dos amds. Um 3GHz BE virá para o meu lado, independentemente do que aí vier.

:x2:

Independentemente não digo... mas basta igualar os Core 2 Quad que vou para AMD. Pelo menos para um 2.8 AM3... mas depende do preço do 3.0BE AM3

A mim vai ser em fevereiro porque quero o socket novo...:004:

Como já tenho AM2+ meto um AM3 e quando sairem as dfis (espero que haja de novo uma ut) com o chipset 890FX aí então mudo. De momento até tenho a board com a melhor alimentação para amd.

Se der 3.5-3.6 já fico satisfeito e já será um aumento enorme de performance em comparação ao meu x2 5000+ a 3.1, aquilo é que vai ser alimentar a minha 4870 com informação :009:

edit:

During morning hours in US, I was contacted by several high-level executives who asked me is it true that AMD was sold to a private investor.
Timing of such rumor was without any doubt, pure FUD attack to steal the thunder from today’s announcement that got the press and enthusiasts tingly like elementary school girl.
The announcement is expiry of embargo on AMD’s Press Preview, held recently in Austin, Texas. Like I hinted in an article just days ago, AMD worked with selected hard-core overclockers to tune up the Phenom II CPU and Dragon platform (790GX chipset with AM3 socket, nothing earth-shattering here). The results are quite spectacular, to say the least.

AMD decided that the time has come to regain the crown in overclocking, and the company means it. You can thank all of this to several key members of former ATI Technologies, now AMD GPG. I know it is not fair to name the few, since I can’t mention them all, but guys such as Godfrey Cheng, Ian McNaughton, Korhan Eben, Macci, and many unsung heroes combined with old-school AMD executives such as Patrick Moorhead, who keeps his desktop machines OC’ed to 3.2 GHz and arguing with IT Police… All in all, this effort brought a lot of fighting spirit to AMD and these guys are now biting at all sides. First with Radeon series, then with chipsets and now with CPUs.
Phenom II is going to be extremely overclockable. How overclockable? Much.
With good air-cooler, 4.0 GHz is a given on almost every Black Edition CPU that will hit the stores starting January 8, 2009. This is nothing special, since Intel can do the same with Core i7 series. But, with water-cooling or TEC-enhanced water-cooling (hint: CoolIT), you can easily reach 4.5 GHz and beyond.
But, the real show starts when we dip below the zero degrees Celsius/Centigrade. History of AMD and sub-zero cooling is quite interesting. AMD was the first manufacturer to showcase vapor chamber and liquid oxygen cooling (yes, oxygen, not nitrogen) with Athlon 550 MHz that reached 1.03 GHz and became the first CPU to pass the 1 GHz mark. As the time went by, AMD slowly started to move away from Swashbuckler attitude lead by Jerry Sanders and put a dull corporate Motorola face lead by Hector Jesus Ruiz. All of this is past now, since AMD put substantial effort to produce a CPU which operating temperature is massive 300 degrees Celsius!
Yes, you’ve read it correctly – from -200 to +100, you can be certain that your Phenom will not fail. On-die sensors are tweaked up and they will not lock the part at -100 or -20C, and you can use dry ice or LN2 to crank it up to the max.

The max reached so far by AMD team is… 6.0 GHz! Given that most LN2 clockers use dual-core CPUs to reach 5.5+ GHz speeds, seeing 6.0 GHz CPU running applications such as Crysis is a testament to monumental effort put by AMD’s CPU and Chipset team. Don’t think this was CPU team only effort – guys from Markham worked hard on Advanced Clock Calibration, or ACC. ACC is exactly “the secret sauce” AMD needed to unlock these levels of performance.
Hitting 4.0 GHz on air, 4.5 on water, 4.5+ on TEC+water, 5.6 GHz on dry ice and there was a post at 6.0 GHz. Given the fact that dry ice is “weaker” solution than LN2, it will be really interesting to see what will happen when hard-core overclockers get their hands on these 45nm ice-cold babies.
AMD is back. And yes, Intel’s Core i7 thunder has just been stolen completely. Core i7 is a great CPU, but quite expensive platform, with three channels of DDR3. AMD Phenom II comes out with 16 GB/s of memory bandwidth using only two channels, and clocking like there’s no tomorrow.
The best part of them all is the price: AMD Phenom II 940 Black Edition will set you back for 40% of the amount you have to shell out for Core i7 Extreme 965 and yet, it comes with a radically cheaper platform of equal or even better overclocking capabilities.

Última edição:
Que riqueza de processadores :D, espero é que a minha board ainda suporte os novos phenom :P

ainda não mas deve aparecer uma bios breve, para a minha dfi só hoje apareceu uma bios beta com suporte para deneb.

The list below shows the ASUS motherboards that are currently AM3 CPU-ready. For users who have already purchased the M3 or M2 Series motherboards, a simple BIOS update is all that is needed to support future AM3 CPUs. The following list will be continuously updated and more AM3 CPU-ready ASUS motherboards are expected to be announced soon.

http://event.asus.com/mb/AM3_CPU_Support/

sim, vão haver versões para am2/am2+ apenas e versões "hibridas" para am2/am2+/am3 que resultam muito bem para quem ainda não quer passar já para ddr3 e quando o quiser fazer é "só" trocar a board e as memórias mantendo o cpu.

sim, vão haver versões para am2/am2+ apenas e versões "hibridas" para am2/am2+/am3 que resultam muito bem para quem ainda não quer passar já para ddr3 e quando o quiser fazer é "só" trocar a board e as memórias mantendo o cpu.

Estas últimas versões são muito interessantes mesmo. Mas devem cortar as vendas das 1ªs (a não ser que haja grande diferença de preço). Se vierem relativamente baratos, vão ser uma óptima opção.

Aliás... também quero ver isso! Quero ver o mesmo CPU com DDR2 e DDR3. Se a diferença foi quase nula com a diferença de preço de DDR2 para DDR3 (se se manter até lá) ja guardo dinheiro para uma board AM3 mais tarde :P

Crysis Warhead @ Deneb
http://markbench.blogspot.com/2008/11/crysis-warhead-deneb.html

Only with factory default freqs.

Cpu name: Phenom II 940 (core Deneb, AM2+) @ 3GHz
Motherboard: M3A79-T Deluxe (AMD 790FX+SB750 )
Memory: 4096 Mb CSX 1066MHz (DDR2)
Graphics: Gigabyte 4870X2 2048Mb
Drivers: Motherboard bios: 0602, Catalyst 8.10, MB chipset 3.0.642.0

Crysis Warhead: DX10 high, shaders very high, 1920x1200x32, AA off

Results:

Average:47fps
Max: 84fps
Min: 36fps

Outros Benchmarks:
http://markbench.blogspot.com/2008/11/our-1st-benchmarks-with-deneb.html

Parece-me bom!

Penso dar para comparar a um E8400(já que o crysis só usa dois cores?).

Este a 4.0 GHz,acompanhado de uma gráfica igual,faz mais ou menos o mesmo número de frames!

Back