Wii Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Fabuloso! Quando é que revelam mais pormenores do hypermode?
Aquele boss não pareceu ser muito dificil.
Não era um boss :P só deu um misero energy Tank.

Theme Music/Tile Screen:

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlKtEgy95-I

Epa... LINDO!!! :D :D :D :D Kenshi Yamamoto... You Rock! :-D

Tidbits:

2002457662778659533_rs.jpg

Look at that, that's a screen of the samus ship video, just before dark Samus is shown . The message gets corrupted and...

Biosv3.0 wii format (y/n)
Vous Mourez = you'll die in french if i'm not wrong
Andrayda hat sich die gestalt = Andrayda has your shape in german (not sure)
Moriraiiii!!!= You'll die in Italian

Mais previews...

Preview NWR:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Impressions
After an hour of Prime Time, is the game is the real deal? Read on to find out.

When E3 closed down for day two, Nintendo opened up its hotel suite and invited me to sit down and play an extended session of Metroid Prime 3. For that hour of bliss, it was just me, the game, and a widescreen display running at 480p.

All of the hype and anticipation for Corruption will be met. That's a safe claim to make after playing the game for as long as I did. It looks absolutely fantastic in motion. The action moves at the speed and fluidity of F-Zero GX on the GameCube. That's not saying it looks like a GameCube game, however; although the models in the game have a "GameCube Turbo" look to them (not a bad thing), the scope of the environments and the level of detail is astounding. Lighting and particle effects in particular look great, as do the heat effects that warp and distort the area around where Samus fires her arm cannon, which look a lot better than they did on GameCube. In one of the early areas you'll be in a space station while a battle underway outside. In the background big ships fill the view and smaller ships fly all over the place, shooting laser canons that streak the landscape. The speed and scope combined really give off the impression that Retro has the first real Wii game on its hands, at least graphically.

The Wii controls are fantastic, too. The three different pointer sensitivities are designed with different people in mind, and the game will not play that much differently as you switch among them. The two slower settings allow for easier free targeting for newer players, and the lock-on feature (the Z button) makes up for the slower cursor speed, making the game play similar to previous Metroid Prime games. By default, shooting is done with the A Button and jumping with the B Trigger. These two functions can be switched in the options menu, but after trying to shoot rapidly with the trigger I found that I can't pull a trigger faster than I can press a button. I switched back to the default, but kudos to Retro for making the option available.

Flipping the sensitivity to expert is what puts Corruption in a league of its own. The cursor is fast and responsive, yet you can still perform precise aiming without the cursor jittering all over the place. The expert setting also turns on the "lock-on free look" option by default, which allows you to shoot anywhere on the screen while still locked onto an enemy. This makes it possible to strafe around one target and shoot something else that may be threatening, like airborne creatures making a dive for you. This control option is a perfect fit for Wii remote pros, because the aiming controls are so tight that you'll want to shoot at stuff without locking on to anything. The Wii remote setup makes Metroid Prime 3 feel like a true first-person shooter
. The only other game on Wii that you could compare it to is Red Steel, which absolutely pales in comparison to the fluidity of Corruption's controls.

You're also going to experience a "wow" moment when you first activate your scan visor and have a look around, but I won't spoil exactly why here. With no second analog stick to switch visors, this time you hold down the Minus(-) Button to bring up the on-screen visor select menu. To choose a new visor you move the aiming cursor into one of three wedges in the circular display. Scan is in the top zone, and the new command visor is in the bottom right. The command visor lets you control your ship from afar, provided you're looking at the proper terminal by a landing site. After playing through the first two Metroid games on GameCube, hitting a button to change visors is a little strange, but I'm sure I will get used to it.

In last year's E3 demo, the grappling beam's controls were strange. Flicking the nunchuk forward still shoots it out, but in the old version you were required to pull back on the analog stick to yank whatever it was you grabbed on to. That has been changed in the final game to a much more natural movement: you must simply pull the nunchuk back to clear debris or de-shield enemies. This really reduces confusion since you don't need to worry about mixing up motion controls with traditional inputs.

The coolest addition to the game is the ability to actually go into Samus' gunship. Being inside the ship is a first for the series, and fanboys will no doubt be drooling over the prospect. It's not just for show, either; Samus can interact with switches and controls inside with the Wii remote by placing her hand on a panel or press buttons with her finger. Pressing the A button while moving her hand around with the remote pointer will make her poke at whatever you're aiming at. It is possible to whiff a simple button press if you aren't paying attention—I did on the ship's numeric keypad—so don't take this activity lightly. It may be especially important later in the game if Samus encouters passcode locks. I just hope that doesn't happen as you need to escape a collapsing structure, because dying because of an errant finger poke would sure suck.

The gameplay is pretty tight. The only thing I am concerned about, perhaps unfoundedly, is the game's voice dialog. Since I've only seen about 15 minutes of opening cinematic, I am in no position to comment on the script or plotline of the game. So I won't. But I will say that I think having characters speak to Samus, knowing that she will never speak back, really bothers me. Mario has never been a vocal character, and all of his games have had limited voice because of it. Samus is much the same way, yet the conversations taking place between her and the people she interacts with, including other bounty hunters, made it feel as though the story were being force-fed down my throat. I must admit that this is really more a nit-pick than a serious issue, especially since I was playing through the story-heavy opening of the game. However, I do hope that there aren't very many one-way discussions as the adventure really pick up. And hey, who knows; we might hear Samus speak. Her face was the original mystery, so maybe her voice will be the next?

Personal annoyances aside, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is only a month away and it's time to get excited about it. I sure as hell am. Corruption is going to set the bar really high for first-person shooters that follow, which is a good thing for the genre moving forward on Wii. I can't imagine what future Wii FPS games will look like, especially ones out of the Nintendo camp, after Corruption. All I know is that I'm getting this game when it comes out. Will you?
Fonte: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressionsArt.cfm?artid=13951

Preview do Gamespy:

Samus' first Wii outing is almost here, and it looks great.

+ Spiffy
Amazing graphics; deep control system; controls add to the experience.

- Iffy
Controls might be confusing to novice players initially.

Nintendo's 3D Metroid series is nearly over. The final chapter in the trilogy is hitting the Wii in late August, and we've just spent the last hour of our first day of the show playing the hell out of it. All indications are that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will be the best of the three games by far. Retro Studios has been hard at work developing the game and it's really showing just how much effort has been put in.

There's been a lot of thought put into how the Wii's unique control system should function. For the most part, all of the additions are hugely beneficial to the overall ambience and atmosphere of the already exciting 3D Metroid universe. The idea here is that Retro is trying to get the gamer to think of the nunchuk and remote as substitutes for Samus' arms/weapons. All of the original features from the series are here. From the get go, you'll have your Arm Cannon, Morph Ball -- complete with bombs -- and your Varia Duit double-jump.

The remote allows you to move your target reticule by pointing at the screen and to further move your field of vision by physically moving the remote left, right, up and down. Couple this with traditional character movement which is performed with the nunchuk's analog stick and you've got a set of pretty powerful first-person controls which certainly haven't been seen on a home console before.

After a little while, we were able to deftly move run Samus around, while strafing, jumping and shooting like a pro. Adjusting the sensitivity of the controls improved things even further when we tweaked the level from normal to expert -- this essentially made all movement much more twitchy, excellent for veteran FPS gamers.

We dove into the initial level of the game, which as expected served as a tutorial experience. Unlike the previous two games, you actually get to start the game inside the cockpit of Samus' bounty hunter spacecraft. It's a neat touch and adds a new level of coolness to the Metroid experience. Introducing the player to Samus' weapons involved checking out the scan visor, lock-on targeting system and basic charge-firing of the arm cannon. Getting past the first security door meant we had to scan, lock on and fire at four door-release clasps. This basic action provides the rudimentary basics for all combat in the game.

A loose attempt to explain the plot in the game sees Samus getting involved with a council of other bounty hunters in order to protect a planet from an impending space pirate attack. Her nemesis Dark Samus is all set to make an evil comeback but the real twist here is that our heroine has been exposed to high levels of Phazon which is coursing through her veins. This power can be used to enter a "hyper" mode meaning that Samus does more damage in combat and is more powerful overall, but this comes at a price. Stay hyped up for too long and you'll be corrupted -- hence the title of the game.

We made our way to an initial meeting of the council of bounty hunters, only to find that the space station we were docked at came under heavy attack by space pirates before we'd really gotten a grasp of the larger picture. After some smaller encounters and strafing victories, we'd already picked up two energy tanks, a missile upgrade and a full level map detailing points of interest.

Not too long after the attack, we'd figured out that we needed to head back to our spacecraft in order to get down to the planet's surface and kick some serious pirate ass. Before we got the hangar, it was boss time -- a large bipedal Phazon monster that scanned as Berserker Lord stood in our way. It was a tough, long, drawn-out fight, but the key was nimble reactions, dodging and a healthy dose of well-placed charge beam shots and missiles. After felling the beast, we boarded the craft and hit the gas towards the planet's surface.

No sooner had we landed than the action began all over again. Tons of pirates poured from the sky in drop ships and assaulted us, but we fought valiantly and won the battle. Or so it seemed. Out of nowhere, we suddenly became pinned down by upgraded flying units that were bent on wiping us out. Just when everything looked like it was over, a fellow bounty hunter swooped in and wasted the ambushers. It was a pretty intense moment.

Our time with the demo had come to an end. We'd acquired the sweet grapple lasso upgrade which let us yank debris from critical paths in our way and also let us disarm shield-wielding foes too. All this and we'd barely scratched the surface of the game. There's so much to be excited about, not least the excellent controls and silky smooth graphics, and we're convinced that when the final game releases later in August we'll be looking at the best addition to the series so far. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is bringing Nintendo's A game to consumers so be prepared for something very special, very soon.
Fonte: http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/metroid-prime-3/804048p1.html

Preview do Gamespot:

E3 07: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Updated Hands-On
A big boss battle leads off our latest look at this Wii debut for Samus.

In our last hands-on look at Metroid Prime 3, we were accosted by a huge, armored boss who looked ready to turn Samus Aran into a quivering mass of hot blonde mincemeat. Where that demo ended, our latest look at the upcoming debut of the Metroid Prime series on the Wii picks up--with Samus teaching the Berserker Lord, as he's known, a few lessons about girl power.

First, a quick primer on where we've been--Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is, quite obviously, the third chapter in the first-person shooter series that revolves around the bounty hunter Samus Aran. This being the debut on the Wii, it's important to note what has changed and what hasn't. While Samus still has a vast array of weapons she can fire from her high-tech armor, just how you go about enacting all that destruction has changed slightly thanks to the Wii's unique control scheme. Aiming your shots, for example, is done with the Wii Remote, and it's literally as simple as pointing and shooting to take down the bad guys. If you're looking to get some better aim on your opponent, you can lock in on your target with the Z button. At the lower difficulty level, locking in will mean that all your shots find their intended target--once you bump up the skill level in the game, you'll still need to aim your shots within the locked reitcle in order to make a kill. Locking onto a target will allow you to strafe around them as well.

You move Samus back and forth with the Nunchuk's analog stick and can have her turn around by moving the Wii Remote to either side of the screen--she'll turn around quickly, and that speed is intensified at the higher difficulty levels. As before, Samus will still be able to transform into the morph ball, this time with the C button, and this form will allow her to access, in a pinball like fashion, areas of the levels she might otherwise not be able to get to. Funny how most of the levels in a Metroid game--be they enemy bases or space pirates' ships--seem uncannily tailor-made for a hero who can roll into a ball, isn't it? You'd think the enemy-ship designers would mix in a triangular or square corridor here and there.

While basic movement and shooting doesn't take too long to get used to in the game, using all of Samus' different powers might prove to be a challenge. She's loaded in Corruption, as always, and in addition to her standard short and long-burst arm cannon, you'll be able to outfit her with missiles and even a brand-new energy-grappling hook that will come in especially handy throughout the game. To use the grappling hook, you simply whip the Nunchuk forward and then backward, and Samus will unleash her hook and you'll be able to do things like lift debris out of the way or yank away the shield from an approaching enemy, giving you the opening you need to blast them to wherever it is space pirates go when they die.

Now, back to that Berserker Lord fight. It's worth noting that this particular monster, in true Metroid fashion, is one tough cookie--his armor plating means that most of Samus' shots bounce off him like raindrops. He's probably 20 feet tall and he's got enough horns and spikes to mean real bad news if you get too close. Not that he's that much of a party at distance, either, thanks to his ability to shoot a nasty blue beam, or emit a stream of blue, acidic liquid from his face. After taking a few potshots at him, it wasn't long before we noticed a few purple glowing spots underneath his armpits, which we proceeded to blast with extreme prejudice. After taking those down, the Berserker Lord began to shoot huge circular blasts of white electricity at us--the first time we took him on, those blasts were enough to bring us down.

After a few practice runs dying at the hands of the Berserker Lord, the pattern of his attacks became clear--jump over the blue beam attacks, dodge the blue acid spews, blast him in the armpits. Then, when we shot the big blasts of electricity down, we noted that it opened up an exposed area of crystal on his back which we could then unload on with everything in Samus' arsenal. A few well-timed missiles and concentrated energy blasts later, and it was bye-bye Berserker Lord.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption looks like an intense and challenging game, one that isn't skimping when it comes to making the most of the Wii's various control possibilities. The game is due for release later this summer, and we'll bring you a full review once it's on store shelves.
Fonte: http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6174537&pid=928517&tag=topslot;title;1

Última edição:
"Andrayda hat sich die gestalt = Andrayda has your shape in german (not sure)"

Errado :P.

É mais do tipo "Andrayda adequirio a forma...", se bem que mesmo assim não está bem traduzido. O "hat sich" neste caso não é "adequirio", é uma indicação de posse, não o verbo "adequirir", e não diz ali "a tua forma" em lado nenhum". Eu acho que o que vem a seguir pode ser eventualmente: "...von ? genommen/angenommen", ou seja "adequirio a forma de ?". Se isso é a Samus ou outra gaja aventureira qualquer, só quem fez o jogo é que sabe...

@ Intro...só pelo intro vale a pena comprar o jogo xD!

Eu estava com duvidas se iria comprar o jogo mas...epah....n consigo parar de passar o video do Title Screen no youtube!!!

Fui comprado por um Title Screen!!!

:drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling:

P.S.: Estou muito preocupado com uma coisa, infelizmente nunca tive uma gamecube, por isso tenho medo de aterrar meio desamparado no meio da história! Devo preocupar-me ou não?

Última edição:
Não. A história dos outros resume-se em poucas linhas.
Não necessariamente... O jogo aparentemente não é story heavy... Mas conta a história via logs, e se juntares as peças e esquematizares começas a ter algo que começa a ter profundidade, não é uma pseudo-profundidade... é real. Claro que é uma parte da história opcional, mas tem bastante "sumo". A questão é que não o tens de dominar para passar o jogo, ou irás sentir a falta dos episódios anteriores, mas lá que aconchegam... aconchegam. Porque a história do Prime foi planeada para triologia, o Metroid Prime 1 e 2 têm razão de ser para o Prime 3.

Mas por isso mesmo, se quisermos ser sérios... é impossível de reduzir essa vertente textual extensa em poucas linhas, embora muita gente que joga o jogo só retenha umas duas linhas dele. :p
Alguém me consegue explicar a história nesse caso? Mandem-me uma PM se me fizerem o favor!
Não te preocupes, são histórias completas.

Não necessariamente... O jogo aparentemente não é story heavy... Mas conta a história via logs, e se juntares as peças e esquematizares começas a ter algo que começa a ter profundidade, não é uma pseudo-profundidade... é real. Claro que é uma parte da história opcional, mas tem bastante "sumo". A questão é que não o tens de dominar para passar o jogo, ou irás sentir a falta dos episódios anteriores, mas lá que aconchegam... aconchegam. Porque a história do Prime foi planeada para triologia, o Metroid Prime 1 e 2 têm razão de ser para o Prime 3.

Eu não quis dizer que os MP 1 e 2 não têm história, aliás para mim onde o Hunter fica a perder para os Prime é na história. Mas esta apesar de estar presente, serve mais para criar ambiente do que propriamente para criar um fio condutor.

Eu não quis dizer que os MP 1 e 2 não têm história, aliás para mim onde o Hunter fica a perder para os Prime é na história. Mas esta apesar de estar presente, serve mais para criar ambiente do que propriamente para criar um fio condutor.
Concordo plenamente, mas acho que também serve de fio condutor para quem o quer, simplesmente não to "impinjem".

Eu considero a história importantíssima em Metroid Prime. Sim, podemos simplesmente passar pelo jogo ignorando-a, mas isso é deprediçar um enredo muito bem elaborado, que enriquece bastante a obra.

Contudo, koener22, enquanto não chega o terceiro, tens tempo para jogar os dois primeiros, acredita que não são inferiores a nenhum jogo que possas comprar actualmente para a Wii. Com sorte até arranjas os dois pelo preço de um jogo novo!

Mas os primeiros só existem para a game cube?? ou fizeram versões para a wii??

Novo vídeo.

Este vídeo tem bastantes novidades. Tem a boss fight com o berserker lord, mostra o interior da nave, a cut scene de quando mudamos de planeta, mostra pela 1ª vez num metroid um personagem a falar e também algumas zonas da e3 2006 mas com a evolução gráfica "natural" passado um ano:x2:

Edit:
Mas os primeiros só existem para a game cube?? ou fizeram versões para a wii??

Edit2:Só saíram para a gamecube, mas se puderes pesquisa um pouco que vais encontrar os dois a um bom preço e sem duvida alguma que se os comprares, não te vais arrepender.

Última edição:
Contudo, koener22, enquanto não chega o terceiro, tens tempo para jogar os dois primeiros, acredita que não são inferiores a nenhum jogo que possas comprar actualmente para a Wii. Com sorte até arranjas os dois pelo preço de um jogo novo!

Eu era daqueles que não tencionava comprar Metroid, claro está, porque nunca tinha jogado, ams também porque não morro de amores por FPS...

Ainda não sei se quero comprar o MP3, mas adorei o que vi até agora.

Poderia jogar os anteriores, mas é imposivel. Tenho muita coisa para jogar...

Back