Amp’s/DAC’s - Qual Comprar?

Coaxial SPDIF também é digital.

O teu Mac não tem USB? Se tiver, tenho sérias dúvidas que valha a pena pagar para ter Toslink ou SPDIF.

@strobe, o mac ter usb têm, mas
"One advantage of optical is that it electrically decouples your DAC from your source. Sometimes this can be a huge advantage, such as cases where your DAC is being powered by the USB port of a computer and is getting switching noise." - my main reason. source

E ja li N vezes coisas do gênero no reddit nas secções audio, por isso assumo que seja verdade, toslink > usb. Ja que o mac tem esse output quero aproveitar e dar-lhe o uso e ja agora também aproveito para comparar e tirar uma conclusão.

Não deves generalizar assim. A implementação é mais importante do que o tipo de tecnologia.

Já que vais comprar a versão Uber depois podes tu próprio fazer comparações entre USB/toslink.

Quero dizer que o modo de como o sistema foi desenhado é mais determinante do que o tipo de ligação utilizada. Com os chips de áudio acontece a mesma coisa. Tens DACs com o famoso ES9018 por 200€ e tens DACs com o mesmo chip a 1000€. O chip é o mesmo, a implementação não.

Eu neste momento tenho 3 DACs em minha posse:
- Resonessence Labs Concero
- FiiO E10K Olympus 2
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

E posso dizer que o FiiO e a Focusrite (equipamentos de 80 e 150€ respectivamente) têm um isolamento fenomenal na saída dos headphones. Não tenho dúvidas que esteja ao nível de uma ligação toslink. No entanto não posso dizer o mesmo do Concero (que custa algumas centenas de € novo). O isolamento é medíocre e dá-me vontade de o atirar contra uma parede.
3 DACs diferentes, 3 implementações diferentes, 2 comportamentos diferentes.

Não esquecer que no toslink a qualidade do sinal também pode ser influenciada pelos conversores de sinal eléctrico em luminoso e vice-versa.

Com isto não estou de algum modo a defender o USB. Só acho que não se deve generalizar e achar que toslink é um mar de rosas e o resto são bad boys :)

Por acaso depois das leituras que fiz no reddit, foi com essa sensação que fiquei, usb sucks e toslink rocks, mas sim, es capaz de ter razão também.
By the way, o Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 é um DAC ? Pensava que era um aparelho para gravação, ou seja transformava o sinal analógico em digital só

Schiit Fulla 2

DA3pde2.jpg

988fMPK.jpg

Total Flexibility For Your Desktop
Fulla 2 is a complete DAC/Amp in a single tiny case. Plug Fulla 2 into virtually any USB port, connect your headphones and/or powered monitors, and you’re set for great music. But that’s only the start.
  • Use it as an amp. Connect your phone (or any other analog source) to the convenient front jack.
  • Use it as a preamp. Connect to powered monitors or speaker amps using the variable outputs on the back.
  • Use it as a DAC. Connect to an external preamp or processor with the fixed 2V line outs on the back, or use the variable outputs for convenient volume control as well.
  • Use it with phones, iDevices, or computers with low-powered USB ports. We’ve included a second USB port for power input. Plug in your phone charger (or any other 5V DC source with micro-USB output)

Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db, 2Hz-200KHz, -3dB

Maximum Power, 16 Ohms: 550mW RMS per channel

Maximum Power, 32 ohms: 360mW RMS per channel

Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 230mW RMS per channel

Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 40mW RMS per channel

THD: <0.003%, 20Hz-20KHz, at 1V RMS

IMD: <0.002%, CCIR

SNR: >105db, A-weighted, referenced to 1V RMS

Crosstalk: >-75dB, 20Hz-20KHz

Output Impedance: 0.5 ohms

Gain: 1.7 (4.6db)

USB Receiver: C-Media CM6631A

DAC: AKM AK4490 with TI OPA1662-based filter stage

Sample Rates and Bit Depths: 16/44.1 to 24/96 supported without drivers on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android (UAC 1 device)

Output Stage: TI LMH6643 x 2 (1 per channel)

Power Supply: Via USB, with +/- 5V rails via high-current dual-polarity switching regulator, with inductor filtering and local regulation

Power Consumption: 0.8W typical

Size: 3.5 x 2.5 x 1.375” (including knob)

Weight: 9 oz

99 USD

Decisions, Decisions
Okay, so the second-generation Fulla would be designed for a desktop. But how big would it be? The original Fulla was a tiny product. It had to be bigger than that. At the same time, it should be smaller than the Magni and Modi stack. In the end, I chose a footprint exactly half the size of a Magni/Modi stack—and shaved off a quarter inch of height. So, 2.5” wide, 3.5 deep, and 1” high.

A mockup looked pretty cool. It even could use the same potentiometer and the same volume knob as a Magni, which was a big plus. The potentiometer on the Magni was a lot better than the one in the original Fulla in terms of tracking and durability. And the knob would save us having to do another custom part.

With the size decided, I needed to make some decisions on features. First up was how to get more power out of the product. Fulla’s 200mW output into 32 ohms wasn’t really worth getting excited about. It was plenty for most headphones, yes, but I wanted to do better.

Doing better, though, meant both a better power supply and a more beefy amplifier stage. This wasn’t as simple as it might sound, though, because unlike all of our other amps, Fulla uses a switchmode power supply, and op-amp output stage.

Horrors! Some of you are clutching your pearls and looking for a safe space. How can Schiit, bastion of linear power supplies and discrete design, sully ourselves with such inferior technology?

Well, here’s the super-complex rationalization for such a drastic decision: price.

Yes. It is that simple. Horses for courses. When you’re asked to create a power supply that can deliver a reliable +/-5V from USB’s single 5V rail, and to make the most of the 500mA-1A that USB ports can supply, you’re looking at a switchmode supply. Period. End of story. No magic fairy dust or wishful thinking will get you around that fact.

Now, of course, we could do much better than the previous Fulla’s power supply, which used a charge pump to create the -5V rail, but passed the +5V along from USB (after filtering). This asymmetrical arrangement meant that the -5V rail couldn’t deliver the same amount of current as the +5V rail, and it was the main reason why the original Fulla’s output power was limited. With more space in Fulla 2, we were able to use a symmetrical rail generator with a better, inductor-based switchmode supply for each rail, delivering more than 3X the current of the original Fulla’s supplies. With some filtering, it’s a good, solid, quiet power supply.

Similarly, when you’re asked to create an output stage half the size of a postage stamp that can swing the output from rail to rail, you’re not going to do it with discrete parts. Enter op-amps. Specifically, the same exotic, high-current op-amps we used with the first Fulla, the LMH6643. This fast, high-current, rail-to-rail device has only one downfall—its current output is still less than we’d like. So, in Fulla 2, we simply used two of them per channel to double its output current capability.

Now, we have an amp stage that can deliver 550mW into 16 ohms—much better. Still not a Jotunheim, or even a Magni, but there you go. Sometimes you have to know when to say “When.”

Beyond power output, though, what kind of I/O should Fulla 2 have? I waffled a bit, wondering about having just a preamp out, or not having an analog input, but in the end, I threw them all in: fixed and preamp outs, as well as an analog in. Fixed so you could use it as just a DAC, variable so you could use it as a preamp (it amplifies the analog input, too), and an analog input in case you have a phone or something (that still has a 1/8” output) that you’d like to connect to Fulla.

The catch to all of this I/O? It all has to go in and out on 1/8” jacks. Yeah, I know. But 1/8” to dual RCA cables are easily available.

Bluetooth? Nope. Yes, it’s convenient, and yes, it sounds like ass. Yes, I know, it doesn’t sound completely like ass, but it doesn’t sound as good as a cabled connection. Buy a cable. Don’t be lazy.

E sim... ainda vai aparecer assim no Windows:

197635f6_schiit.png

Isto para ligar a um amplicador como fica se n tem rca? Fará de Dac e pre amp em simultâneo?
Utilizas um cabo 3.5 - RCA.

Este Fulla 2 vem competir directamente com que amp/dac ?

Sinceramente devido às características e ao preço nao esta a competir com ninguém.

Para o preço e para o que tem parece ser muito bom. O pico também ja me tinhas falado nisto hoje a tarde.

Isto sera porreiro para uns hd600 ou 650?

Isto agora só esperando para ver, vou aguardar impressões, estou curioso embora não interessado. Se ainda trabalhasse numa secretária então teria interesse.

Quero dizer que o modo de como o sistema foi desenhado é mais determinante do que o tipo de ligação utilizada. Com os chips de áudio acontece a mesma coisa. Tens DACs com o famoso ES9018 por 200€ e tens DACs com o mesmo chip a 1000€. O chip é o mesmo, a implementação não.

Eu neste momento tenho 3 DACs em minha posse:
- Resonessence Labs Concero
- FiiO E10K Olympus 2
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

E posso dizer que o FiiO e a Focusrite (equipamentos de 80 e 150€ respectivamente) têm um isolamento fenomenal na saída dos headphones. Não tenho dúvidas que esteja ao nível de uma ligação toslink. No entanto não posso dizer o mesmo do Concero (que custa algumas centenas de € novo). O isolamento é medíocre e dá-me vontade de o atirar contra uma parede.
3 DACs diferentes, 3 implementações diferentes, 2 comportamentos diferentes.

Não esquecer que no toslink a qualidade do sinal também pode ser influenciada pelos conversores de sinal eléctrico em luminoso e vice-versa.

Com isto não estou de algum modo a defender o USB. Só acho que não se deve generalizar e achar que toslink é um mar de rosas e o resto são bad boys :)
Podea dar umaa sugestões de dacs de sala na ordem dos 250 euros ou menos?

Ligação optica e usb de preferência.

Gracias.

Que dac e esse?
Benchmark DAC1 USB.

Podea dar umaa sugestões de dacs de sala na ordem dos 250 euros ou menos?
A que equipamento(s) vais ligar o DAC? Que tipos de saídas precisas ? (RCA, XLR)

Nem tinha visto e que tal??
Vendi a Focusrite 2i2, o Concero e o Fiio E10K para comprar este.
Assim tenho um all-in-one. Uso a ligação RCA para o Woo Audio e a ligação XLR para as colunas. Está ligado à MUTEC por AES/EBU. Tenho ainda o bónus de ter um amplificador de headphones integrado, quando não me apetece ligar o Woo Audio :)

Eu sei que não gostas de all-in-one (eu também evito) mas foi uma solução temporária que arranjei.

A nível de som não desilude (nem o Concero desiludiu) mas neste caso não fui sensível à mudança de DAC. A mudança de amplificador tem decididamente mais impacto no som. Não te consigo dizer com exactidão qual é que soa melhor (precisava de os ter lado a lado com o mesmo nível de volume e um switch para fazer uma comparação justa).

Última edição:
Back