NOS Wi-Fi (antigo ZON@Fon)

O maior problema do fim da parceria com a fon é o fim das apps para android e iOS.
no ios n sei como é, mas nas versoes mais recentes do android, isso é um não problema. Qd te ligas a uma rede wifi deste tipo ele pergunta logo se queres usar a rede. Se sim, encaminha-te pra fazer login. E depois basta gravar os dados, q a partir dessa vez ele faz logo login directo qd carregas a dizer q queres usar aquela rede. A unica cena chata q acontece q de x em x tempos parece q ele se esquece dos dados gravados.

A cena chata acontecia-me com bastante frequência e foi isso que me levou a instalar a app. Não durava uma semana.
E mesmo gravando os dados a página de login da NOS até pode não permitir, de todo, que essa gravação seja utilizada.

Hi,

because I was not able to find the information I wanted (reason seemed to be missing Portuguese language skills), I sent an email to portugalinternet.com. After, I thought why didn't I ask this in a forum where I can find a lot of exactly the right competences for these questions :nie2: ... so I do now....

Hopefully you clemently won't mind, that I just copypaste the mail I just wrote before....

Dear Sir or Madam,

there seem to be a few extremely interesting facts about how internet is provided in different ways in your country and by your company. Could you please do me a favor and help me by answering a few questions?

(1) To get access to internet by 4G, I have to get a SIM and to pay 30€ a month, right? Because of this EU-anti-roaming-fees-law I thought, maybe, I could just use your SIM in Germany -pay 30€/month and use this great offer in Germany. Is this possible somehow?

(2) Is this a NOS sim you offer? I'm asking because of this cooperation of NOS and FON who are providing wifi hotspots which you can access across EU borders -with the right deal. Is the one you offer such a deal that includes this service? If not, how could I become a NOS customer with access to FON hotspots and if there are possibilities, what is the cheapest?

(3) There are only a very few remaining islands of internet freedom left which resist the pressure that made almost all the EU countries install laws that forbid providing sim cards without registration with ID. Do you expect Portugal as one of them to fall as well?

Please forgive if I might sound a bit too smart now. You now know what I hope you can help me with. Most probably you already considered this to be part of your business anyway but I'm sure that there is a giant market for this that almost only Portuguese companies could be able to serve.

Have a good one!

Kind regards,

M****

Dear Sir or Madam,

because I would like to add some information to the mail I sent just an hour ago I would like to ask you to send this message to the one of your colleagues who received this first mail I sent. Thank you!

If this cooperation of NOS and FON is not the same as the one of Telekom and FON in Germany, you might not get straight away, what I was thinking about. I'm sorry for this and I hope you got this additional message in time.

In Germany there are different ways to get access to FON hotspots.The first one is to provide a hotspot at home that uses private broadband connection (but seperated from). Another possibility is to pay an hourly, daily, weekly or monthly (30€) fee. The third one is to get a Telekom Prepaid Sim "Telekom Magenta" which contain a monthly fee for unlimited phone calls and SMS and different amounts of LTE traffic. A Magenta deal at least of the size M (10€, 2GB LTE) contains also access to all the FON hotspots....

Now it is probably more understandable what I was thinking of mentioning a phrase like "right deal" (relating to NOS) for getting access to FON hotspots. If there would be a Magenta-M-like deal provided by NOS, also containing FON hotspot access, available accross the EU (because anti-roaming-fee-law) and available without a need of an ID-registration (because Portugal is awesome :) ) ... ...that would be just *** great :D. So, is there a way, your company could provide this? If not, is there another way to make this happen? If there is no sim card with FON hotspot access, an analog to the second possibility in Germany I explained, a monthly fee (like the 30€ here), could do the job just as well...

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,

M******

I bet, most of you know what the story is according to these topics. Could you please do me a favor and tell me in a few sentences? What is the best way to get access to Portuguese (+EU) FON hotspots for somebody outside your country? And what about these crazy unlimited-LTE-deals, how can you use it accross EU borders, if it's possible at all, and how could I get access to?

Thank you a lot! If just one of these 2 ideas would work out, LTE or FON, ouh this would be soo good!!! :clap:

And what about these crazy unlimited-LTE-deals, how can you use it accross EU borders, if it's possible at all, and how could I get access to?

Please read this:
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citize...elecoms/mobile-roaming-costs/faq/index_en.htm

• In my contract I have unlimited voice calls, text messages and data at home. Are they also unlimited when I travel in the EU?
    YES. Your calls and texts (SMS) will also be unlimited when you travel in the EU, and, as your contract includes unlimited data, your operator must provide you with a large volume data when you are roaming. Your mobile operator should always tell you how much your roaming data allowance is, but the exact amount you have depends on the how much you pay for your contract. It must be at least twice the volume obtained by dividing the price of your mobile contract (excluding VAT) by €3.50 (the maximum price that your operator has to pay the foreign operator for 1 GB of data when you use your phone in another EU country).
    For example, you pay €40 (excluding VAT) for your mobile bundle with unlimited calls, SMS and data. When you roam in the EU, you get unlimited calls and SMS and at least 22.8 GB of data (2 x (€40/ €3.50) =22.8).
    If you use more data while roaming than your data allowance foresees, you may have to pay an extra €3.50 per GB of data (+ VAT).

One example:
Sample story
Contract with unlimited data - roaming allowance
Paulina in Luxembourg pays €40 (excluding VAT) for her mobile phone contract, which includes unlimited calls, text messages (SMS) and data. When she uses her mobile phone on holiday in Italy, she gets unlimited calls and SMS and at least 22.8 GB of data (2 x (€40 / €3.50) = 22.8).

Source: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citize.../mobile-roaming-costs/index_en.htm#shortcut-5

Hi,

because I was not able to find the information I wanted (reason seemed to be missing Portuguese language skills), I sent an email to portugalinternet.com. After, I thought why didn't I ask this in a forum where I can find a lot of exactly the right competences for these questions :nie2: ... so I do now....

Hopefully you clemently won't mind, that I just copypaste the mail I just wrote before....

I bet, most of you know what the story is according to these topics. Could you please do me a favor and tell me in a few sentences? What is the best way to get access to Portuguese (+EU) FON hotspots for somebody outside your country? And what about these crazy unlimited-LTE-deals, how can you use it accross EU borders, if it's possible at all, and how could I get access to?

Thank you a lot! If just one of these 2 ideas would work out, LTE or FON, ouh this would be soo good!!! :clap:

Not really sure if I understood what you intend but let me try to help you.

1) you wanna know how to use the FON network in portugal or other +EU country
2) use a SIM card around the europe with same plafound from local country.

1) Just found a hotspot with name "NOS_WIFI_Fon" and login there using your user/password
If you have a portugal NOS acount in portugal simply use that one, in other country you need to use NOS/<username>
In case your FON acount is from a provider not from portugal you need to search in that provider webpage what you need to use with username to login
In case you have a FON acount (old one not attached to any operador) there is an option specific for that,

2) You can buy a card in any country a roaming around EU and use it as at home country but only works for around 30day except if you return to that country.
Is called the traveler roaming, in case you remain in roaming for long period aditional cost will be added as you are no long considered a traveler.
Search in the UE webpage for further details.

Ok. Thanks a lot @casio_cable and @viperbruno

To be able to enjoy Portuguese circumstances in terms of LTE in Germany constantly would have been just too nice. The grid build-out in your country is simply way much better. The German grid couldn't afford people who do not have to economize mobile internet use because of high prices.

1) Just found a hotspot with name "NOS_WIFI_Fon" and login there using your user/password
If you have a portugal NOS acount in portugal simply use that one, in other country you need to use NOS/<username>
In case your FON acount is from a provider not from portugal you need to search in that provider webpage what you need to use with username to login
In case you have a FON acount (old one not attached to any operador) there is an option specific for that,

Thank you, but what I was thinking of is how to get access to these hotspots by using a Portuguese sim card. Are there prepaid-mobile-sim-deals that also include an account for usage of FON hotspots? If there are: Which deal is the cheapest?

Última edição:
No you can only use for free if you have internet in portugal. And even so, it will end soon i think and will only work in portugal. Otherwise gotta pay prices of fon.

No you can only use for free if you have internet in portugal. And even so, it will end soon i think and will only work in portugal. Otherwise gotta pay prices of fon.

Thank you!

....same in Germany, with internet you can have fon access. But are you sure, there is absolutely no mobile deal like including phone calls, SMS, mobile internet AND fon hotspot access? I mean, could anybody please commit what troner says or disagree?

Thank you!

....same in Germany, with internet you can have fon access. But are you sure, there is absolutely no mobile deal like including phone calls, SMS, mobile internet AND fon hotspot access? I mean, could anybody please commit what troner says or disagree?

In portugal only NOS provider have FON deal (and will finish next 4th March) and limited to clients with Fixed broadband Internet contract, not mobile.

Also don't understand why you said Mobile conditions vs price are much better in Portugal than in germany.
If you intend to have a good deal you should try from other UE country like Hungary, Romania, Bulgary where they have some offer with huge amoung of minutes/sms/internet for very low prices and same roaming conditions as they are UE contries.

Já se passaram uns dias desde o dia 6, o meu hotspot continua a ter o nome NOS_Wifi_Fon
E continua a redirecionar para a mesma página de log in.

Não tinha muito sentido continuarem a usar o nome da FON.
O que eu quero mesmo é que o serviço continue, mesmo que sem a FON.

LgA4xNf.jpg

Acredito que muitos já tenham visto. Eu reparei hoje o primeiro hotspot com o novo nome. A página de Log in continua a ser a mesma de sempre.
Em minha casa ainda não mudou o nome.

Pois, faz todo o sentido mudar.

Aqui em casa já mudou o nome para NOS_Wi-Fi_Hotspots.
Imagino que durante esta noite. O HUB da NOS não teve qualquer upgrade de firmware. Nas páginas continua o nome da FON, claro.

rlPQnXQ.png

27R4GEw.png

qhqbhcu.png

DgcXgeh.png

Última edição:
Back