[Wii] Developer Support Thread

:lol: Mandas calar o homem e ainda exiges que ele faça o jogo.
Mas eu tambem gostava de ver brevemente outro Eternal Darkness.
É que de facto não simpatizo muito com ele, mas genericamente gosto dos jogos da Silicon Knights, por isso seria algo que gostava de ver e comprava... mas mais que andar com falinhas mansas se quer desenvolver para o equipamento meta mãos à obra.

Entrevista com Itagaki da Team Ninja:

Almost every developer has said they have something in the works for the Wii. Do you have something as well?

Itagaki:
We're doing a lot of research, that's about all I can say right now. Although, to add on that note, my kids have been saying they want a game for the Wii. To tell you the truth, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, that's because my kids were asking for one of my titles to be on the DS.
Fonte: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/01/joystiq-interview-doa-creator-tomonobu-itagaki-tekken-sucks/

Zoonami: (ex-funcionários da rareware)

What are you currently working on at Zoonami? You've mentioned that
downloadable games is a direction you may be heading...

Hollis:
I will reveal as much as I can. We are happily dedicated to Wii, which is a very exciting console indeed, and are working on multiple projects. Incidentally I believe Wii will capture first place in this generation of the console race within a year, by all important measures. I also believe that Wii will change the world.

Downloadable games have changed the business landscape of the game industry for the better. The idea that a new console game has to cost upwards of $30 or pounds has been funnelling the industry for too long. As I touched on above we have created three games now available for download. Downloadable games are likely to play a very large part in our future.
Fonte: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/01/joystiq-interview-doa-creator-tomonobu-itagaki-tekken-sucks/

Última edição:
Itagaki: We're doing a lot of research, that's about all I can say right now. Although, to add on that note, my kids have been saying they want a game for the Wii. To tell you the truth, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, that's because my kids were asking for one of my titles to be on the DS.

Abençoados sejam os filhos dele

Nunca na minha vida me senti tão entusiasmado com o futuro duma consola. Algo parecido com esta sensação só com a SNES, onde os dias eram passados na casa do vizinho no vicio.
É incrívelmente agradável ver tanto suporte para a Wii, já no primeiro ano de vida podemos esperar grandes títulos. Mas que grande bomba que revelou ser a Wii. xD Abriguem-se e levem as carteiras, porque dinheiro para tanto título, vai ser díficil.

Oxygen com estúdio interno dedicado ao Wii e ao DS

Kevin Hassall, da Oxygen Studios, anunciou hoje por meio de pronuciamento oficial à imprensa que a empresa onde trabalha terá a partir de agora um estúdio interno dedicado somente ao desenvolvimento de jogos de Wii e DS. Em medida semelhante, o recém-formado estúdio independente inglês Gusto Games anunciou que fará o mesmo.

fonte: http://www.wii-brasil.com/index.php?sub=noticia&id=7488

Samba de Amigo Wii?

Mais alguma confirmação: parece que o jogo apareceu recentemente nas listas de produtos da EB e da Gamestop..e elas tendem a estar correctas. Um poster da NeoGAF que trabalha na EB diz que a data prevista é fevereiro. thread

Se isto for verdade..omg. Eu adoro este jogo.

(vou "roubar" mais uma coisita da thread):

samba.jpg

:D

“Let’s say the Wii takes over the world. Just naturally, the traditional magazines — if they stick to their current position of slightly dissing it — will simply go out of business. If on the other hand the market stays as diverse as it is right now, which is actually quite exciting I think, then there just might be room for a more hardcore press which will potentially drift further away from the casual side, and a casual press which appreciates what companies like Nintendo are doing.” - Julian Eggebrecht, presdient of Factor 5
Fonte: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=130909

Hmmmm, Factor 5 a trabalhar na Wii?

Novo worms

Worms: A Space Oddity marks the franchise debut on the Wii with a fresh visual style, new environmental settings, intuitive controls and even more customization options. Players will be closer to the action than ever before, launching attacks through a wide range of gesture-based maneuvers only possible with the Wii Remote.

In Worms: A Space Oddity, players will enjoy the ultimate blend of classic Worms game modes and re-invented single-player missions, as well as multiplayer modes that include a host of all-new party games and even more customization options. The game takes advantage of the Wii's intuitive controls, on-screen hints and the redesigned interface with an in-game help system. Worms: A Space Oddity demonstrates significant visual, technical and design advancement over its predecessors with a new visual style that abandons the traditional drawn approach and replaces it with a distinctive style inspired by classic Sci-Fi looks. The Worms battles take place across six planets, each with its own, unique environments and global events. The online multiplayer experience pits up to four Worms fiends from all over the world against each other.
Worms: A Space Oddity is being developed by Team17, and scheduled for release in spring 2008.
fonte

Achei que não merecia uma thread, visto n ser um grande jogo, resolvi postar aqui.

Infelizmente, a Team 17 conseguiu estragar o único jogo bom que tinha, que era Worms a 2D (o do Marketplace é uma caca)...

Enquanto não voltarem a meter cordas em condições, nunca mais pego naquilo...

Engine gráfica do Oblivion a caminho:

Gamebryo Takes Shape on Wii

The engine used as the base technology for Oblivion, Civilization IV and other games is now heading to the Nintendo Wii.

It’ll be the first time that Emergent’s Gamebryo engine will be moving beyond the more powerful PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms, as Emergent joins Nintendo’s Third Party Tools Program.

A heavily modified version of the Gamebryo engine is used for Bethesda Softworks’ Oblivion as well as the upcoming Fallout 3.

Emergent CEO Geoffrey Selzer said in a statement that the Gamebryo could help developers who were “caught off guard” with the Wii’s success quickly jump on the Nintendo development bandwagon.

Gamebryo is also being used by EA Mythic for the upcoming MMO Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. More than 200 games use the engine, according to Emergent.
Fonte: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7142&Itemid=2

Finalmente engines sem "raizes" PS2; e espero que seja bem portada. :)

Mais um jogo da Sega?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh… (grabs heart) Give me water… The Wii is special. It’s not such a high def direction, but it’s a fun direction as a future toy. That kind of idea always stimulates us in our ideas. This [the Wii] is another direction. - Tetsuya Mizuguchi (creator of Space Channel 5) discussing the possibilities of a Wii version of Space Channel 5.
Fonte: http://kotaku.com/gaming/dish/miz-on-rez-2-wii-space-channel-and-al-gore-300824.php

Sinceramente... Nada contra o Space Channel 5... mas no que toca a interacção com o Wiimote e os meus gostos pessoais... dêem-me 10 vezes antes o Rez.

Back