PS3 [PS3] Bayonetta (PlatinumGames, SEGA)

With Bayonetta, we created the Xbox 360 version of the game first, and then handed off all the data and other assets to SEGA so they could begin the process of porting Bayonetta to the PS3

Oh... so that's why...

Calma homem, nada melhor que esperar pela versão final
Se as diferenças nem forem assim tantas nem me preocupa, há muitas comparações que se fazem ao ritmo "parado" e nestes jogos essa palavra não entra. Já "breaks" e claramente diferenças notórias mesmo em acção frenética.. aí a história é outra

Diferenças a nível técnico, por norma, não me incomodam, com a excepção de uma...framerate. Sou muito esquisito/mesquinho com isso e ainda por cima num jogo deste género.
Podia estar aqui a chorar o dia todo, mas deep down inside sei que o vou comprar e é por isso que queria versões idênticas, oh well...

Última edição:
Diferenças a nível técnico, por norma, não me incomodam, com a excepção de uma...framerate. Sou muito esquisito/mesquinho com isso e ainda por cima num jogo deste género.
Podia estar aqui a chorar o dia todo, mas deep down inside sei que o vou comprar e é por isso que queria versões idêmticas, oh well...

E como basicamente todas as versões de multi-plataformas a 360 fica sempre melhor em relação ao frame-rate. (Não que se consiga ver a olho...mas enfim). Não estou muito preocupado. Isto já aconteceu com o Batman e Resident Evil 5, sim a versão da 360 está melhor (frame-rate)....mas durante um jogo normal...não se nota diferença...acho que é impossivel o olho humano notar a diferença...Mas lá está anda ai "seres" com poderes 8|.

Cumprs,

E como basicamente todas as versões de multi-plataformas a 360 fica sempre melhor em relação ao frame-rate. (Não que se consiga ver a olho...mas enfim). Não estou muito preocupado. Isto já aconteceu com o Batman e Resident Evil 5, sim a versão da 360 está melhor (frame-rate)....mas durante um jogo normal...não se nota diferença...acho que é impossivel o olho humano notar a diferença...Mas lá está anda ai "seres" com poderes 8|.

Cumprs,

"seres" esses chamados fanboys (:

Novos vídeos de pura qualidade:

-> TGS09 Trailer

-> TGS 09: Fire and Lightning Combo Gameplay

Comentários sobre a versão PS3:

Content-wise, this demo contained the same areas I wrote about at E3, starting with a courtyard battle, continuing into a colossus fight on the side of a cliff, and finishing with a one-on-one fight where you run on walls. I went into it looking to compare the framerate and visuals of the two versions, and found the PS3 demo to look better than I expected it would after reading Justin's impressions (from the event in Japan mentioned above). That's not to say it looked as good as the Xbox 360 demo that was on display 10 feet away at TGS, but the differences came in elements that many people might not notice unless they were actively looking for them -- i.e. the framerate wasn't quite as smooth in some areas, and the overall look seemed to be slightly less vibrant. Notably, however, the level Justin mentioned in our previous story as being the worst example from the PS3 version -- with the clock tower falling in the sky -- was not on display.

via 1up

Edição especial da PS3 'fat' @ Tokyo Game Show 2009

bps301.jpg

bps302.jpg

Já tinha visto os trailers, e bem o que dizer... Janeiro ainda está longe :005:

Essa consola foi surpresa dado que a Platinum não quer falar da versão PS3. Até que não está má, se bem que a 360 semelhante fica melhor, essa cor do comando é que é duvidosa.

Quanto à versão PS3 ainda estou para ver o que aí vem :paranoid:

Em termos de velocidade não me pareceu fora do normal. Mais comparações é díficil de fazer num vídeo off-screen, e se a velocidade de jogo esta realmente boa só falta mesmo é... verificar no que toca a cores/modelos/cenários e se as diferenças são logo vísiveis ou temos de andar à investigador à procura de falhas para comparar o que ninguém vai notar enquanto jogam.

Segundo opiniões, a SEGA já fez um excelente trabalho em termos de ports com o jogo Viking ;)

Kotaku: PS3 Bayonetta TGS Hands On

(...)when we did get our hands on a DualShock to play Bayonetta, it felt largely the same as the Xbox 360 demos we'd played(...)But it was also due to the fact that the game's were mostly the same, the mechanics firmly intact and the bright visual impact of the flamboyantly designed game nearly identical across both versions.

(...)some of the visuals on the PS3 version did appear to be lagging behind the Xbox 360 version, with muddier textures and a more uneven frame rate bogging down the presentation.

(...)as of right now, it appears one version may have a longer list of faults than the other. Whether those faults matter to you, single console owner, remains to be seen.

"seres" esses chamados fanboys (:

Acho que os "olhos dos seres humanos" não tem capacidade de notar oscilações mínimas de framerates entre 2 jogos! Como é o caso do Resident Evil 5...

Joguei aos 2 e aquilo é me igual...dizerem "Ah a versão da XBOX tem mais frames" - ya já deu para reparar em testes mas dai a ver a "olho nú" acho complicado!

Eagle Eye, obrigado pelas noticias.

O bundle está engraçado...agora esse comando "PINK", não combina nada com as cores do jogo! lol

Cumprs,

Demo na store japonesa para a semana:

A demo de Bayonetta vai chegar à PlayStation Network e Xbox Live Marketplace japonês no dia 8 de Outubro de 2009.

A demo de 1.1GB contem um tutorial e o nível The Angel's Metropolis na versão PlayStation 3. A demo para a consola da Microsoft irá conter um tutorial e o nível Clock Tower.

Em relação a uma versão europeia da demo, nada foi avançado.

Eurogamer

Edit:

Uma pequena nota para quem jogou a versão presente no TGS, se costumam visitar o gamersyde devem reconhecer o nome:

Originally Posted by DJmizuhara:

I played Bayonetta at TGS on both the PS3 and the 360, the frame rate was solid but the PS3 version seems to have slightly lower texture detail and the whole thing didn't look as sharp as the 360 version, it's not as bad as I feared. The game played exactly the same as the 360 version...I guess it'll come down to the players controller preference in the end.

DJmizuhara: You didn't find that the frame rate in the cutscenes went way down? I haven't played the 360 version so I can't compare them.

Originally Posted by DJmizuhara

Nope, I didn't see any frame rate issues at all...the only problem I saw in the cut scenes was the texture detail not being up to par with the 360 version.
Neogaf

Framerate wise parece ser semelhante, vamos ver se mantém assim, embora a Clocktower stage ausente do demo PS3 me diga o contrário.

Última edição:
And here we go... again... :sad:

A demo of Bayonetta is set to hit Xbox Live Marketplace and PSN on Thursday. But there's no need to wait if you live in Tokyo (and if you have a time machine to go back to yesterday). Sega had the demo build set up at select retailers on Saturday, and they were even giving away bonus DVDs, clear files and mouse pads to those who played.

I'd previously only played Bayonetta through the Xbox 360 version at the Feel Bayonetta event last month. That build was the same as the Tokyo Game Show and E3 builds of the game, a Sega rep told me at the event. While I'd wanted to try out the PS3 build at TGS in order to confirm some of the technical issues I'd been hearing about, the lengthy lines prevented that. I used yesterday's demo event to play through the PS3 demo a few times.

Those technical issues are pretty obvious as soon as you look at the two games lined up next to one another. The PS3 version has a lower framerate. It's consistently lower, rather than inconsistently dropping here and there (although there's some of that too). I also noticed tearing issues here and there and lesser image quality. Some of the differences could be due to different monitors, but I'd describe the PS3 version as being overall less polished than the 360 version, with the lower framerate being the biggest issue.

Don't take this to mean that the PS3 version looks terrible though. It looks bad in comparison to the 360 version, but I have a feeling that with nothing to compare it to, you'll still be impressed. A lot of what makes Bayonetta look so great is its stylish presentation. Having a giant Zeus-like boss tear the bridge you're walking on apart and swing it around like a block is an impressive sight even on the PS3.

There are some differences between the two demos outside of the visuals. The PS3 version starts off with the message "Converted By Sega" -- something that's not on the 360 version, presumably because Sega didn't "convert" it. Once you get past the title screen, you can select three stages in the 360 version: a tutorial, the Falling Clock Tower prologue stage, and The Angel's Metropolis stage. The Falling Clock Tower stage is missing from the PS3 demo -- an unfortunate omission, as it's one of the most stunning action sequences I've ever seen

No entanto, nem tudo são más notícias:

PS3 owners do get some exclusive content, though. The 360 version demo ends just like the E3 and TGS demos ended: in a face-off against a giant Zeus-like boss on a bridge. The demo just comes to an end, somewhat abruptly. Back when I played the game at Feel Bayonetta, a Sega rep told me that you'd actually be facing off against the Zeus guy multiple times.

That may have been incorrect information, though, as in the PS3 demo, you get to play after this. Once you've knocked all his energy off, Zeus gets pissed and tosses the bridge away -- while you're still on it, of course. You're instructed to press up on the analogue and jump. Do so, and Bayonetta will land on a stone pathway below, taking the time to do a nice pose for the camera. Run down the path a bit, and Zeus breaks through a plaza area in the distance. He starts rampaging towards you, tearing up the pathway as he approaches. This allows you to put Bayonetta's auto aim fire skills to good use, as you back away and continue firing

After fighting (and defeating) Zeus again, you find yourself in a room in a face off with a lady, whom a look at the Bayonetta official site confirmed to be Jeanne. I didn't pay much attention to the text (not that it would have necessarily made any sense), but I think Jeanne mentioned something about this being a final battle between them. I found this funny because this is technically the game's first level.

Following a stylish little introduction clip, set up like a film reel cycling through various pics of Jeanne and Bayonetta, you face off one on one with Jeanne. You're in a relatively small room, but you have access to a new move here. According to the instructions on the screen, when the moon lights up, you can walk on a wall by jumping towards the wall. This is called your Witch Walk. I ignored the part about the moon lighting up and just jumped at the wall. The wall basically becomes like the floor, with the camera switching around. If you want to go back to normal gravity, you can jump up and press L3.

You'll have to use this Witch Walk to chase Jeanne around the walls and ceilings of the room. It makes for a great display of acrobatics, and shows that the game can impress even when you're not combating a giant beast. Jeanne is a normal human-sized character, afterall. After defeating Jeanne, the PS3 demo came to an end.

I didn't play the 360 version, so I can't say for sure that these two extra sequences aren't in there. However, while waiting to play the PS3 version (the lines to play were pretty long -- and filled with hot, stylish ladies too!), I saw a number of play throughs of the 360 version. They all came to an end during the first Zeus attack.

The inclusion of the extra sequences may help to explain why the PS3 demo is so much bigger than the Xbox 360 demo (aside from the fact that PS3 demos are usually larger than their 360 counterparts). There's a lengthy cinematic sequence prior to the start of your battle with Jeanne, which could add some to the file size, more than the all-gameplay Clock Tower sequence would add to the 360.

So it looks like both PS3 and 360 owners have a good amount of content to look forward to with Thursday's demo. On top of the multiple levels, the demo also offers easy and normal play modes. According to the select screen, easy mode lets you press triangle to get all sorts of wild moves. I wanted to make sure that I got to try out the new PS3 area, so I played easy in both of my play sessions (I died the first time because I forgot to jump when Zeus tossed the bridge). Even under easy mode, I still felt like I had plenty of control over Bayonetta, and was able to put Witch Time (this is where you dodge at the last minute, sending the game into a brief period of slow motion) and the two fighting styles to good use.

Outside of just being able to play the PS3 version for the first time, I noticed one major change from my Feel Bayonetta play experience: load times. The Feel Bayonetta demo took a while to load up its stages. This wasn't too much of a problem, as the load screen allows you to move Bayonetta around and practice your moves, but the load times did feel long. In the demo rev, the you can still move around and practice your moves during the load screens, but the actual loading takes just a few seconds. This is true both for the PS3 and Xbox 360 demo builds. It will hopefully be just as fast when played off disc.

There may have been some doubts amongst PS3 owners when Sega's announcement of the demo appeared to suggest that the PS3 demo would be lacking content, but based off my play session yesterday, the demo is a must download on either system. The graphical discrepancies on the PS3 do stand out, but I think that once you start to play, and are running up walls and ceilings and performing screen filling finishing moves, you'll be able to ignore them as you're absorbed in Platinum Games' Climax Action sampler.

A demo está excelente, o gameplay e baseado em Devil May cry com o mesmo tipo de inputs ou seja os combos são efectuados com base na velocidade em que premimos o botão, mas no caso do bayonetta a quantidade de combos é enorme e a velocidade do jogo em si é superior ao DMC.

No triangulo utilizamos a arma que está equipada na mão e no bola a arma que está equipada nos pés o quadrado é para dar uns tiros (estilo DMC) e o x para saltar, na demo temos a opção das armas básicas (Pistolas) (tanto para os pés como para as mãos) a uma espada (arma só para as mãos, que pode ser equipada durante o jogo bastando premir R2) para além disso podemos pegar nas armas dos inimigos e fazer finishers brutais:drooling: com elas assim como novos combos (as armas deles têm um barra de energia e normalmente duram pouco tempo)

A demo em si é curta e é sempre no estilo chegamos a uma sala e limpa-mos os inimigos, na demo via-se pelo menos 3 a 4 tipos de inimigos diferentes, mas na cutcene final (quando acabamos a demo) aparecem mais uns quantos. Temos 3 dificuldades very easy, easy e normal (não confirmei se depois de passarmos em normal desbloqueamos outra) sendo que no easy e no very easy pelo que percebi basta utilizarmos a bola para fazer combos que o triangulo é feito automaticamente, os inimigos em si defendem-se e pelo menos em normal (deve ser diferente em dificuldades superiores) quando atacam aparece uma seta em cima da cabeça a avisar que eles nos vão atacar (estilo batman arcam of asylium) o que nos dá para esquivar (R2) e se conseguirmos esquivarmo-nos na altura exacta activamos aquilo que eles chamam witch time que é estilo bullet time onde temos uns segundo para bater nos inimigos com eles paralizados

Na parte tecnica os graficos estão como se vêm nos vídeos superiores a DMC4 mas nada de tecnicamente impressionante, quanto á frame-rate in game não notei quabres, mas quando passa para uma cutcene notou-se uma ligeira quebra de 1 segundo nada de grave, como não tenho 360 não as posso comparar lado a lado

IMO é um serio candidato a import pois apesar das opções estarem em japonês assim como as tabuletas todas as vozes in-game são em inglês legendádas em jap

Não sei como funciona na Playstation 3, mas quando se saca da Store tens d eutilizar alguma conta diferente e jogar com essa, ou podes jogar com a principal (inglesa/portuguesa?)

No que toca à da versão Xbox 360, jogo com a minha conta PT (com os setting/language em inglês) e os menus, legendas e a parte dos tutorials está tudo em inglês.

O framerate está impecável na versão Xbox 360, o que distingue este jogo do DMC4 é a acção muito mais frenética e resumindo, há muitas mais coisas a acontecer (inimigo, partículas, efeitos, cenário)...

Sorte têm os PS3 user, porque poderão importar à vontade :P

PS: Se tiveres com a arma da "espada" mantém o RB (xbox 360), presumo que seja o RT ou um dos outros triggers na versão PS3, e vê o movimento que ela faz e ao mesmo tempo faz um power-up, aumentando o alcance/efeito dos ataques :)

-> 98 Screenshots da versão PS3

Última edição:
Também já tive oportunidade de experimentar a demo, e como estava à espera gostei bastante.

Não vale muito pena alongar muito pois o Cunha Esteves descreveu bem o conteudo. Primeira coisa a mudar foi logo a sensibilidade da camera, parecia que tinha cola. A jogabilidade pareceu-me um pouco mais rápida que DMC (por falar em DMC, tenho que reconhecer que à pelo menos dois movimentos com a espada que são iguais aos do Dante, enfim, pormenores), mas um pouco mais lenta que NG, assenta-lhe muito bem. Um catrefada de combos que podemos fazer e inclusivé practicar alguns no tutorial. As armas nos pés funcionam muito bem e então os ataques mágicos são uma delicia, mandar uma bica no "mini-boss" da plaza e ele ir ter ao outro lado do cenário é brutal, especialmente tendo em conta o tamanho dele. Esquivar usando o R2 é um pouco estranho por causa do botão para lock-on ser o R1, aqui preferia que desse para esquivar usando o L2, mas ao que parece não dá para mudar os controlos, paciência. A luta com a Jeanne é bem porreira, antevejo lutas bem boas com os bosses.

Não sei se é de mim mas, não consigo aperceber-me quando os inimigos vão atacar a maior parte das vezes, por ventura será por causa do cenário, não sei, algumas vezes limitava-me a olhar para ver quando aparecia o danger.
Na parte técnica, como estava à espera, está mau mas, não está injogável de maneira alguma. 60fps nem vêlos, quedas de frames às vezes, especialmente durante as cutscenes devem baixar dos 30fps, tearing constante e parece-me algo deslavado, não deixa de ser frustrante levar com mais um porte ranhoso, mas enfim, ou é assim ou nada.

Resumindo, compra mais que certa. Se forem fâs do género acho que está aqui um belo jogo, caso contrário experimentem a demo.

As diferenças ainda são bastante significativas, a única solução será rezar/esperar que os meses que faltam para o jogo sair seja optimizado para a versão americana/europeia.

2 vídeos de comparação:

PS3: http://esegk.com/bayo/ps3.avi
360: http://esegk.com/bayo/360.avi

Começo a acreditar que o lançamento do jogo foi adiado por mais razões do que aquelas que foram dadas, especialmente após verificar que o demo (Xbox 360) já vem todo em inglês e opções para "espanhol/francês/etc".

Back