Nintendo Zombi U (Ubisoft)

AIAS Award-winning Composer Cris Velasco Scores Ubisoft's Horror Survival Video Game ZombiU
"Maestro of Horror" at New York Comic Con on October 12th

Los Angeles, CA - October 8, 2012 - Following his recent critically acclaimed soundtracks for Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2, award-winning composer Cris Velasco (Clive Barker's Jericho, Hellgate: London) returns to lend his prolific music talents to the horror genre with a dark and twisted original score for Ubisoft's new survival-horror shooter ZombiU™. As a BAFTA nominee and winner of "Best Original Score" at the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Achievement Awards (God of War trilogy), Velasco has become one of the most sought-after composers for the medium. ZombiU will be released exclusively for Wii U™ from Nintendo on November 13.

To immerse players in the zombie apocalypse setting and intense first-person experience of ZombiU, Cris Velasco composed a visceral hybrid action score featuring the raw sounds of detuned toys and instruments, carnival organs, distorted guitars, and haunting ambient textures, contrasted with the intimate emotion of piano and string quintet compositions. Velasco will appear on the "Maestros of Horror and Sci-Fi Music" composer panel at New York Comic Con on October 12th. The panel will be followed by a Meet & Greet / Signing Session with Cris Velasco at the Metal Machine booth (#1075).

Best of Cris Velasco:

Wii U ZombiU Premium Bundle
WiiU_PremiumPack_ZombiU.jpg

Nintendo are releasing a limited edition Wii U ZombiU premium bundle in Europe, which will hit shelves on November 30th.

What’s the difference between this bundle and the regular Wii U premium bundle? This one includes ZombiU instead of Nintendo Land as a pack-in game, and it also includes a Wii U Pro Controller, which isn’t included in the regular Wii U premium bundle. Amazon have it priced at £329. The regular Wii U Premium Pack costs £299

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/16/zombiu-online-elements-inspired-by-dark-souls/ZombiU online elements inspired by Dark Souls

Speaking with EL33TOnline, associate producer Nicolas Robin said the Wii U survival horror’s unusual asynchronous multiplayer elements build on foundations popularised by From Software’s dark RPGs.

“Dark Souls, Demon’s Souls inspired our online features and yes, it inspired us more in terms of making the challenge demanding,” he said.

“Difficult but fair. And at the end when you achieve the thing you say, ‘Whew!’”

Robin said the difficulty was partially inspired by nostalgia, too.

“This feeling in videogames that we used to have when we were young. In modern video games we have cool emotions also but we kind of miss sometimes the emotion of, ‘Okay, I tried many times, it was difficult, but I have a really good memory of that moment that I will tell to the other ones and share with the other ones’, and that’s really what we wanted to communicate with the game,” he said.

“We had this type of conversation around Dark Souls and Demon’s Souls with [lead content designer] Mounir [Radi]. And yes, basically that’s more where Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls inspired us is to make a fair challenge but a difficult one at the end of which the player will say, ‘Okay, you see the gas station, I shot the flare…’ We had a lot of conversations with the playtesters and lots of very memorable moments.”

Are you swooning yet? ZombiU is a lunch title for the Wii U, which arrives in November and December; get all the details here. Hit the link above for more detailed discussions of the title’s origins and design ethos.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/16/zombiu-online-elements-inspired-by-dark-souls/

Última edição:
ZombiU online elements inspired by Dark Souls

(...) “Difficult but fair. And at the end when you achieve the thing you say, ‘Whew!’”

Robin said the difficulty was partially inspired by nostalgia, too.

“This feeling in videogames that we used to have when we were young. In modern video games we have cool emotions also but we kind of miss sometimes the emotion of, ‘Okay, I tried many times, it was difficult, but I have a really good memory of that moment that I will tell to the other ones and share with the other ones’ (...)

Música para os meus ouvidos :D

Vê-se logo que nunca jogas-te Demon's Souls, ou Dark Soul's. hehehe

presumo que no caso do ZombiU eles referem-se ao facto de podermos recuperar o "back pack" de outros jogadores, deixar mensgens, avisos, etc, ou seja certo elementos do jogos estarão em sincronia com os diversos jogadores ligados à net...!

Sim senhora este vem logo para casa quando comprar a consola! Vou aproveitar o vale de 40€ em cartão da ***** para o ir buscar logo! :D
Já agora sabem-me dizer se esse vale de 40€ pode ser gastado na ***** loja ou tem de ser obrigatóriamente na ***** online?

Acho que esse preço vai ser o preço de os jogos third parties mais conhecidos, infelizmente. Pensei que fossem manter os preços dos jogos da Wii mas enganei-me. Acho que isto só faz com que menos pessoas comprem os jogos mas pronto...

Sob a nota oficial de imprensa da Ubisoft + Arte conceptual:

factsheetzombiu.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zue3keyartsurvivalkit.jpg

zue3cgitrailersnap06zom.jpg

zue3cgitrailersnap02cel.jpg

zue3cgitrailersnap05buc.jpg

zue3cgitrailersnap01bus.jpg

zue3cgitrailersnap04car.jpg

Última edição:
First ZombiU Multiplayer Details Surface

First ZombiU Multiplayer Details Surface
The King of Zombies mode will take place in an arena described as "hell within hell".

"A new multiplayer mode titled King of Zombies has been unveiled for upcoming survival horror game ZombiU.
In an interview with ONM, the game's story director Gabrielle Shrager explained that that the mode would have links to the St George's Yard mission
that players will encounter in the single-player game, while also being based on a modified version of Capture the Flag."

Para o artigo completo, pressionar aqui:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/29/first-zombiu-multiplayer-details-surface

Fonte: IGN.com

Back